We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is epcot like?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
what is epcot like?

Just wondering what people think of epcot?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,885 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what is epcot like?

we enjoy it. not sure if it is our favorite park but probably is the one we end up at most. very spacious, lots to look at, great special events at different times during the year, good food and drink, some cool attractions - always a nice day out for us

Edited: 17 July 2010, 12:22
England
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is epcot like?

thanks! What is your favourite park?

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is epcot like?

I enjoy Epcot, its a large park split into 2 areas. The side you first enter has a few rides, test track...great fast fun, space mission...fab ride, soarin which I suggest you get a fast pass for because we always notice the queue is long!! A few other rides here as well.

There are also lots of other things to do and characters to meet at this side of the park.

The other part is world showcase and you walk around different countries around the world and in each country there is usually a restuarant, different shops and little shows going on. Lots of nice food and drink around as well.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,885 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what is epcot like?

no glaring favorite for us. we like them all for different reasons.

in Epcot, Soarin gets a lot of mention, but don't miss Living With The Land which is in the same building and is one of my favorite attractions at Disney

London
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is epcot like?

A few years ago I thought this was the most boring of all the parks, but its now my favourite. Its had a makeover and there are some great rides as mentioned above, TT being my all time fav which I screamed and laughed my way through it. Soarin is a close second. Also its true what 1031 says about other attractions being equally as good.....its just that the 'big 3' are the newest so get most attention.

We usually get the rides over with, and then all attention is on the World Showcase, with lots of different foods and drink to try out!!!!!!! Its great working your way round 'the world' and seeing what other countries have to offer.

Give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

Kemnay
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what is epcot like?

Previous time we were in Florida my son was about 11. We went to Epcot on our first day because it was going to be the quietest park on a Sunday. He absolutely hated it and was so disappointed because it was his first Disney visit. He enjoyed all the other parks. We are here again at the moment and trying to persuade him to give it another go but it will probably be the last park we visit. He reckons it is "too educational". Will let you know what he thinks this time. My daughter who was about 15 liked it OK.

ireland
Level Contributor
287 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what is epcot like?

I like the Epcot think its more geared towards adults . One of my favourtite park.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what is epcot like?

It's my favorite park and my children's 2nd favorite (after Magic Kingdom.) I like it because there is so much for a family to do together. We have a variety of ages in our family (5, 7, 10, 15, 37, and 39) and everyone seems to be happy at Epcot.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: what is epcot like?

Epcot is a great way to mix education with fun. Takes 2 days going at a brisk pace to see it fully.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what is epcot like?

Love EPCOT!! I wouldn't say it was my favourite park (Animal Kingdom is my fave!) but it's a really great day with lots and lots of stuff to do. As other people have said it's probably geared towardsadults or older children but there are still character meet and greets as in the other parks. The World Showcase is a great place to wander around with lovely shops and places to eat, Test Track is a must, I was too chicken to do Mission Space but I'm told it's excellent! I always think that EPCOT has a more easy going feel to it than the other parks, which is good. You can also get the monorail from EPCOT to the Magic Kingdom and vice versa.

Hope this helps!!

xx