We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it? Are you guaranteed that photographers will take enough photos? Or do you request them to take photos of you? How the heck do they know which photos belongs to which family? Would you recommend it, if you have a nice DSLR?

Great Oakley
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

On arrival to a Disney park you will see numerous Disney photographers. They will approach you to see if you would like your picture taken. If you reply yes then they take your photo and it is assigned to a photopass. They give you a credit card sized plastic card that then is unique to you. Everytime you see a photographer you give them your pass and they assign the new photo to it. You can view the photos at shops all over the park and online. You can either choose to have them done there and collect at a later date, or order online from home, or do nothing. You can share them online with friends and family also.

They do work out pretty pricey per photo, but they do have photo CD's, albums, books and singular pics. The photographers are also not bad at there jobs as they are decent pics.

You will find photographers at any landmarks, i.e. Sleeping Beauty's castle, the epcot silver ball, MGM's scorcerers hat from Fantasia. Also wherever characters are signing autoraph books.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,523 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

We love photopass! Have been using it every year, since it began. We usually have about 250 photos taken, while at Disney. The CD has saved us hundreds of dollars, each trip.

Very professional photos and everyone in the family will be in the picture! If you are unsure, don't purchase the CD in advance. Have photos taken and then view your photos, while at Disney. You can purchase the CD later.

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

You can view the photos online for 30 days after they are taken; you can even send them to friends and family.

Also, we've found that most of the photographers will gladly take your photo with your own camera after they've taken the PhotoPass one!

Makes a really nice souvenir.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

Wow thanks, that sounds like a great idea. And if you forget to take a photo, or loose your camera, works out perfect as back up!

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

You really need to go back a few pages or search Disney photo pass. We just did this for the first time on our June trip. It was worth every penny we paid. There is a link on past posts to prepay 99.00 for the photo pass before you leave home. You then have all of your pictures taken at the parks, waterparks, etc. I was never approached by a photographer to take a picture. I always went up to them. They were great and took whatever pictures you wanted. We did just the kids, my husband and I, my sister and I, our whole family, two familes together. My sister and I split the pass so we paid 50.00 each. We went to downtown disney photopass studio and had them put all of our photo cards (we had about 15) onto one card. Make sure you get all of your cards back in case that one doesn't work. Once home you can edit your pictures, crop, add borders, do black and white. You then order the disc from Disney with all of the pictures. We had 202 when we left but ended up with over 700 once we edited them. We received the disc in about 10 days. The most important part is the copyright letter they give you saying you own the pictures and can do whatever you want with them. I just ordered pictures from Shutterfly. I had to fax my copyright letter to them. It was no problem I just got my pictures. If you were to order 2 4x6 photos it will cost you over 18.00 with s&h. The nice thing too is you can prebuy but you are not locked into it. You can view your pictures and if you then decide you don't want them you get a full refund providing you haven't used any of the credits. I'll find the link for you again.

Buy it you won't be sorry. Make sure you also bring your own camera because there are other things at the park to take pictures of.

Edited: 25 July 2010, 04:05
N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/#save

pa
Level Contributor
54,188 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

We love the Photopass, well worth it, IMO

Another helpful Link

http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

Wow, thanks msar1076! That's great info!

thanks for the other link, partypa!

9. Re: How does the Disney Photopass work? And is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 05:18