We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd live TR (altho not so lively today -exhausted!)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
284 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
2nd live TR (altho not so lively today -exhausted!)

Well despite my best efforts and 40spf the boys are nursing pink shoulders quote 'now I know why you make me wear suncream Mummy I just thought you were being mean' but they stuck their caps on backwards, turned up the collar on polo shirts and got on with it. Today we went to Animal Kingdom and it was just perfect. There is loads of shade and it just suited us fine to get out of the sun for a while. Got fabulously wet in the Kali River Rapids -twice- then got rainstorm wet in the afternoon so our feet have squelched all day,, all part of the fun and no complaints. I have to say the Fastpass works really well, Everest twice too - gosh that was fantastic, we did actually get a 3rd pass for 1840 but couldn't quite manage to walk back round to Asia again so gave them to another family when we bumped into them at the exit. Really enjoyed Dinosaur and was very surprised when the boys said they thought Kilimanjaro Safari was in their top 5 along with the various other rides they've tried in our 4 days here- it really was interesting and we got to see lots of animals. Had to bring out the ponchos in the afternoon so we looked particularly silly but then so did many other people so what the heck we're on holiday. Had a budget evening at home, extremely nutritious tea of corndogs!!! Do strawberries for dessert count as being a good mother?!!

Can I just say that freezing water and taking it to the parks was a fabulous idea I picked up from someone, it has really helped and saves an overdose of fizzy-related-excitement, goodness knows we're all hyper enough. Also I think I say Brazil and her 8 teenage girls at the Forbidden Journey- I could be wrong as we've never met but there was just something....of course my shy retiring family would not allow me to approach and ask so I shall never know unless our TRs coincide.

Well, off to bed early now as it's Magic Kingdom tomorrow and I'm determined to make rope drop - it's only a '7' on the crowds level so fingers crossed.

ps Continental were fine, all to time, no frills but perfectly acceptable.

pps no idea how we have got the sleep pattern sorted, hope we're as lucky on the way home

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd live TR (altho not so lively today -exhausted!)

Great report, keep them coming. I was there less than a month ago and I enjoy reading your reports. Brings me back.

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd live TR (altho not so lively today -exhausted!)

Swell TR, sounds like you had a wonderful day at AK

Strawberries = Good Mom, for sure :)

Sorry you didn't run right up to the BrazilFamily and just say Hey, I am on TA, if it was her, she would have been thrilled. If you come across them again, don't be Shy

Enjoy the MK tomorrow

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2nd live TR (altho not so lively today -exhausted!)

Sounding good - got 4 bottles of factor 50 in to start us off - if my legs get to white with that on I'll be doing well - being scottish the traditional colour of my legs is blue, then they go white, and pink after about 6 months in the sun - but have never seen enough sun to get them past white!!

Keep having fun!!

Lou73

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,941 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2nd live TR (altho not so lively today -exhausted!)

Hello FamousFiveCordoba,

I understand the EXHAUSTED part completely!!!!

we were at FJ on July 21...and actually took 50min to ride it...

let me give you a hint...I´ve got my right eye covered (like a pirate) Wazowsika pirate!) and/or am using eyedrops all the time..so whenever you spot this strange figure...it´s me"!!! :( I´m looking strange but I´m nice...

today we will be at HS!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2nd live TR (altho not so lively today -exhausted!)

Strawberries make you a great Mom - I am sure your kids thought so!! Keep the trip reports coming!

6. Re: 2nd live TR (altho not so lively today -exhausted!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2011, 06:18