We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestion?

Westport, CT
Level Contributor
127 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestion?

We are planning a long weekend trip to Orlando at the end of August. We plan to spend one day at IoA (Harry Potter), one day at Wet and Wild and one day at Disney. We will have an extra half day or so in there to be flexible. I want an express pass to IofA which is priced at $25/pp for the day we want to go (so that's $75 for the 3 of us). I am being quoted a rate of $215/night to stay at Royal Pacific, which will also get us express access, but I don't need it for 2 of the days. My question is: can someone recommend an offsite hotel that is more like $100/night that is still nice, and has easy access to all of the locations I mentioned? We will have a car. Thanks very much.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestion?

Since you will have a car, a hotel on I Drive would probably be your best bet and would be an easy drive to all the parks you plan to visit. Embassy Suites is a great value as it includes a full hot breakfast and a daily manager's reception with complimentary drinks and snacks each evening. There are two on/near I Drive, but the one on Jamaican Court has rates starting at less than $100 per night for advance purchase (no refund if you have to cancel) rates. Other rates are slightly over $100, but not much.

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/MCOITES-Embassy-Suites-Orlando-International-Drive-Jamaican-Court-Florida/index.do;jsessionid=B72EE3058E629D33ABDD2B736D5B2F5F.etc12?ctyhocn=MCOITES&brand_id=HI&brand_directory=/en/hi/&xch=688244623,ZE052SSILCU1ECSGBIWM22Q

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,037 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestion?

The Springhill Suites Convention Center is running a $39/night special right now with travelzoo.com

I've never stayed here but thought it was a good deal : -) It's located kind of between Universal and Disney, close to I Drive but on a quieter street.

www.travelzoo.com/hotels/orlando/854417/

The reviews are pretty good too:

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g34515-Orlando_Flori…

ETA: We've used travelzoo.com many, many times and have never had any sort of problem :-)

Happy Planning!

Jennifer

Edited: 29 July 2010, 00:50
Westport, CT
Level Contributor
127 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestion?

Thank you both very much. They both have availability and great rates.

Youngstown OH
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestion?

Thanks for the info on Springhill Suites. Even though I will have a car I didn't want to pay Universal IOA parking so I was thrilled to see transportation...but I am glad I called because the transportation is only to Disney parks and NOT Universal...FYI. The rate is great so perhaps the money saved can be put towards parking!

5. Re: Hotel suggestion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 06:17