We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lots of stupid questions . . .

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
906 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Lots of stupid questions . . .

Apologies in advance . . . do villas have towels as standard (would still bring beach towels for pool)? Are there generally hair dryers in villas? Haven't bought theme park tickets yet, was going to do it this weekend (travel on 14th August), is this enough time to receive them? If we bring a member of our partys' disabled badge, will we be able to use it in Orlando? Sorry, again

Northampton
Level Contributor
348 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

Sorry i cant help with villa questions but park ticket wise if your getting them this weekend buy them saturday as the price goes up or so i read on sunday may not be by much but every penny saved is another to spend when your out there.

Edited: 28 July 2010, 22:01
MN
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

no questions are stupid :) I can answer a couple from my experience. The villas we have rented (windsor palms & windsor hills) always have plenty of towels as well as beach towels for the pools. Don't waste packing space for towels. Our last 4 bedroom villa had hair dryers in each bathroom

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

Usually ther are hair dryers in villas cos if you take your own and they are not dual voltage they dont work very well. Usually plenty of towels, and washing to machines to launder them . Take so 2 in on tabs.

If you buy from Florida escapes or FloridaTIX you can still get the good deals , and they will send you instantly an E Ticket voucher. You take this to the first park and they replace it with real tickets. Saves postage time and cost

Disable badge No but take it with your details with you and you can get one when you get there, cost $12 I think.

Edited: 28 July 2010, 22:11
Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

In the (unlikely) event that driers or towels are lacking, Walmart or others can provide cheap substitutes.

Disabled badges are more complex. There have been useful discussions on these Forums, and I expect those can be found.

The State of Florida doesn't seem to have any procedures for recognizing disabled parking permits from other states, much less other countries. Given the huge number of visitors to the state, this seems very strange.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/disabled_pkg.html#3

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

I can only speak for Disney but we were able to use the disabled parking with our Louisiana ID-a placard that hangs from the mirror along with a state-issued disabled photo ID for my father-in-law.

Jennifer

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

Further poking around:

Florida and other US states (and Puerto Rico, etc.) do have reciprocity of disabled parking permits.

For visitors from elsewhere, here's one of several relevant discussions. the Disney and other attractions are split between Orange County (Orlando) and Osceola County (Kissimmee).

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k359134…

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
906 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

Thanks, everyone!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

In terms of pool towels - these can vary between villas, and you could always pose the question to the villa owner. We now have our own villa but have stayed in many before we bought ours. Most do provide hair dryers and pool towels - but not all of them. We certainly do. As already stated if there are no pool towels you can always get some from WalMart - depending on what you want they can range from around $5.00 to $10.00. Hope this helps.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

Hmm I don't know about Florida but we were in California a couple of months ago and my father's disabled parking badge from Australia was accepted there. It might be worth a try to take it. Someone will tell you if you can't use it, just ask. Otherwise maybe research it on the net. Have fun!

10. Re: Lots of stupid questions . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 06:17