We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic Headphones

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Atlantic Headphones

Hi all, Flying to Orlando tomorrow, and its my first time flying with Virgin.

I'm keen to use my own headphones on the plane to watch the in-flight movies, but im curious;

- Do they allow this?

- Do I need an Aircraft Headphone Adaptor? - www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=28654

Cheers all!

Chris.

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic Headphones

We always use our own headphones, sometimes we have had to use the adapter that comes with the ones they give you, but not often. Hopefully a Virgin expert will be able to answer you exactley!

Have a wonderfull holiday and dont forget to tell us all about it when you get back!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic Headphones

We all used our ipod earphones. We did not need an adaptor. If you have an ipod you can check to see if your earphones fit. If they do they will definately work on the plane.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic Headphones

Thank you both!

less than 20 hours now!!!! Let the excitement begin!!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic Headphones

Hope you have a fab holiday!!

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic Headphones

We always use our own headphones too and didn't need an adadptor, hope you have a fab time!!

xx

South Wales
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic Headphones

Aww have a fabulous holiday!! I'm sooo jealous.. I'm hoping to go next August.. :O))

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Atlantic Headphones

We used our own noise cancelling headphones on two different Virgin aircraft recently.

Both took a standard 3.5mm (ipod size) jack, even if there appeared to be two socket holes.

No problem at all using you own headphones - just decline the Virgin ones when they bring them round - they don't give them to you to keep these days and they collect them before landing

8. Re: Virgin Atlantic Headphones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2011, 07:20