We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites - LBV or I-Drive

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Embassy Suites - LBV or I-Drive

Have been trawling through reviews for suite style accomodation with breakfast inc & free parkingand think I have settled on Embassy Suites now my question is which one? What would be the approx driving time from Lake Ave,LBV or 8978 International Drive to the 4 disney parks and IOA.

And one other question which is the best park to visit on a Saturday IOA or Epcot?

Thankyou

Congleton...
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites - LBV or I-Drive

Have stayed at the I Drive Embassy Suites. Driving time to Universal was approx 10mins if traffic light but 20mins at peak times. Approx 20-30 mins from the Disney parks. We liked it because you could walk from the hotel to a variety of restaurants, shops etc.

Can't comment on the location of the other Embassy Suites.

ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites - LBV or I-Drive

So if I stayed on I-drive it would take about 30 mins to each of the Disney parks? I like the sound of being able to walk places, the LBV one seems like we would have to drive everywhere but would be closer to the disney parks which is where we will be spending the majority of our time. Thanks.

waterloo ontario
Level Contributor
574 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites - LBV or I-Drive

We've stayed that the LBV Embassy Suites and it is a drive to anything really, but a short one at that. About 10-15 mintues to Disney. Within minutes to many resturants...Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, Joe's Crab Shack, Steak n Shack, etc.

The hotel breakfast and managers reception is very good value. The rooms are showing some wear, but they are clean and the size of the rooms is very accomidating to families sharing a room.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Suites - LBV or I-Drive

If you are spending most of your time at Disney, then the LBV Embassy Suites would be a better option. The entrance to I-4 is very close by, so if you have a car simply take I-4 East to exit 74B and you are at Universal.

Driving time would be about 15 minutes...walking from the car park to the OIA/US would be another 12-15 minutes!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Suites - LBV or I-Drive

Have stayed a few times at the LBV location and agree with other posters, that that may be a better fit for you. In regards to your other question...have read in the past that Thurs. or Fri. is a good day for IOA and Sat. is one of the good days for Epcot. We've tested this theory during our last 3 visits and found it to be pretty sound advice. Our visits are usually during peak season with heavy crowds, but we found this schedule worked quite well. We were able to see and do everything without standing in horribly long lines. I recommend following the game plan from other posts...get a Soarin' fastpass straight away, and head over to Test Track. You would have to wait 2 hrs. to get another fastpass for Test Track, but if lines are too lengthy... jump in the line for 'single riders'. Your party can still wait together, but you'll ride separately and this line has a much shorter wait than the 'standby line'. We always invest in the Express Pass for Universal. It's great for bypassing long lines and if there is no long line...you can ride using the 'standby line' and get a second quick ride later using your pass.

Cumbernauld, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Embassy Suites - LBV or I-Drive

We stayed at i-drive suites last year.

It was great for walking out to restaurants at night as it is over the road from bahama breeze and next door to olive garden.

It didnt feel like long drive to parks at all as i like to be there early.

This year stayed at LBV and you had to drive everywhere.

Next year we are booked on i-drive as its easier at night time for us all.

Yhats just our opinion though.

7. Re: Embassy Suites - LBV or I-Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 05:21