We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating for Thomsons florida flights

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Seating for Thomsons florida flights

For the last 4 years to Orlando me and mt family have flown Virgin Atlantic.I returned from my latest trip to Orlando only last week.I enjoyed Florida that much that i had to book for next year but only to find that my regular choice of carrier had put there prices out of my range.I did however get a price £900 cheaper than Virgin Atlantic with Thomsons.I am not about to slag Virgin off because they are a airline i think will take some beating.As i stand at 6ft 3 inches i never ever felt cramped travelling with Virgin.Can somebody please tell me if there is as much legroom travelling with Thomsons as there is with Virgin like the broucher says.Also what is the seating plan with thomsons is it 3-3-3.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Great Oakley
Level Contributor
39 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

I'm going in 18 days on Thomson and after reserving my seats can confirm that the seating plan is 2-3-2. As for legroom they boast on a video on the site that it's larger legroom on economy seats than Virgin, or anyone else. Being only 5'7" it don't bother me too much though!!!

worthing
Level Contributor
155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

we booked with thomsons forfirst time too. like you say, virgin gone pretty expensive this year. legroom is supposed to be better 33 inch? so looking forward to that.

plus looking forward to our team having a great year bigbopper!

:o)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

Hi

I've just looked at thomsons flights & whilst they are cheaper, i find they're luggage charges are a underhand way of milking more money from you.

Your quote quote is for you seat only, then £40 per luggage item is astonishing.

gazz

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

Hi went with them in 2008 in premium and 2005 economy and both were fine. Infact in our experience of the upgrade was not worth it as they ran out of meals for the children, ran out of soft drinks and we had the kids from hell in premium with us, not ours I may add. The leg room was more than enough in economy and my husband is 6ft 1. The seats were nice and comfy and I think you will be fine. I have never been with virgin so can't compare.

Windsor
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

Thomsons is great! Much better than Virgin, the food was horrid, but then I don't like plane food, but my Dad on the other hand said it was better than Virgin, they do make you pay for drinks however apart from the ones with meals! You don't have to pay for luggage either, if you can upgrade to Preminum you get much better leg room, and better films (Premium you don't have to pay for head sets or drinks). We went preminum this year and it was still £800 cheaper to upgrade with them then go economy with Virgin! Ohh and we got off first and priority luggage, definately a bonus! Sandford is a bit out from MCO but the customs is so much quicker than MCO, and so even though we was 45 mins away from I-Drive we still propbaley got to the Villa quicker then what we would of if we flew into MCO and had to wait to go through there massive customs ques :)

Happy travels xxx

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
443 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

Hi we travelled with thomson in June this year from Newcastle and seats were 2-3-2 my husband and I upgraded to extra leg room seats for £50.00pp but our extended family (6others) all had standard seats all behind us and they had no problems with legroom and my son is over 6foot tall. The extra leg room was better though and afforded us an extra 6 inches or so. We felt this was well worth the extra money.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

We flew thomson in May/June this year. Seat pitch is 33" and 36/37" Premium. Lots of leg room. We had a 767 2-4-2 from Manchester.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

Hi Bunny74

did you pay extra for luggage, it appears frm the website you pay a further £40 per case

cheers

gazz

Edited: 11 August 2010, 16:14
North Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

Im flying with Thomsons in 5 weeks (Manchester to Sanford). Its a 767 and the layout I believe is 2-4-2. Wasn't charged for luggage or inflight meals.

worthing
Level Contributor
155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seating for Thomsons florida flights

we booked direct through thomson and paid an extra £30 for a bag.

still 200 odd cheaper than virgin

its possible that if you went through travel agent you wouldnt know what baggage price is etc, you just get a one off price.

hope that helps