We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water shoes in Water parks

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Water shoes in Water parks

Hi there, we are arriving at Disney this Friday the 13 th of August and will be going to both TL and BB water parks. We were wondering if you are allowed to wear water shoes on the rides at the water parks. I heard they don;t allow them on the slides due to it can make you stop- Anyone know if water shoes are allowed ?

Much appreciated.

Ontcanadians

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water shoes in Water parks

I always wear them. On a couple of slides I have to take them off and hold them, but it's better then having your feet destroyed by the concrete!

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Water shoes in Water parks

Thank you so much , i will leave them in our suitcases

Thanks

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,041 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water shoes in Water parks

Hi, just got back. Three in our party were wearing their water shoes. They had to take them off only for certain rides. I believe it was the body slide type because the rubber would make you stop. If you are in a tube they're okay. I personally just prefer to go barefoot.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water shoes in Water parks

Some of the concrete is rough but it does get unbelievably hot especially whilst waiting in line. Kids just wore their crocs for all rides, me and other half wore flip flops and just left them when we went on certain slides.

Have fun!

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water shoes in Water parks

I don't recommend leaving shoes. My son's shoes were stolen at BB. Someone tried stealing my husbands shoes another time but someone in our party came back just when they were leaving with them. They claimed they "thought" they were their shoes. Anyway, we always wear water shoes and have only been told once that we had to hold them.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
284 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water shoes in Water parks

I packed watershoes for all 5 of us. The other 4 moaned at me when I made them put them on to go to TL. They wore them to one of the rides, it was so much hassle taking them off, hanging on to them and still managing to enjoy the ride that they mutinied and refused to wear them for the rest of the day. I swear they would have put up with third degree burns from the walkways rather than admit they needed them! The paths are very hot but there are cooling low level misting sprays dotted here and there which do help- small children might find it too much though. My family developed a sort of 'walk on the outside edge of your foot' gait which probably does nothing for your posture or good support but it was only for the two days and as I said they would never admit I was right.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water shoes in Water parks

I say to wear them. We only had to take them off on one slide. Not a big deal. The bathroom floors get disgusting and you don't want to go in there barefooted. Not to mention, the walkways get very hot.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,510 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water shoes in Water parks

If you have them bring them and let people in your family decide whether to use them or not. My teen was not going to wear them (just not a great fashion statement), but quickly changing his mind after burning feet on hot concrete. I've never had any problem holding them while going down slides. If others in my family think this is to hard, I hold their shoes too. The time of year you go makes a difference in how necessary they are. I personally like them anytime of year, as I rarely go barefoot these days and my feet are a little sensitive.

9. Re: Water shoes in Water parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 06:21