We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Trip Report

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Our Trip Report

Arrived in Florida and stocked up in Walmart

Day 1 - Up early (5am) got to Animal Kingdom for rope drop. Lines were short so managed to get around the whole park and were finished by 2pm. We still love the festival of the Lion King best. The baby elephant was gorgeous in Kilamanjaro safaris. Red Lobster for dinner, imagine our horror to find that crab Alfredo has disappeared from the menu!!!!! But they made it especially for us. Managed to eat three cheddar Bay biscuits each. Watched the electrical parade and the fireworks in Magic Kingdom which are due to finish this week.

Day 2 - We went to Disney Studios. The line for Toy story mania was 2hours wait time. So got ourselves fastpasses. Finished the park by four and then off to Chilis for dinner. Went to Millenia Mall for a shop-the credit card took a bashing in abercrombie and hollister!!! Returned home and went for a relaxing swim at the pool.

Day 3 - Our favourite disney water park today-Typhoon Lagoon. Got there for rope drop and managed to get our favourite spot . Left at 3pm went home got ready then went off to Florida Mall for some more shopping. Went to Olive Garden for dinner. We just love the bread and salad. Popped into the Lake Buena Vista outlets-bit outdated but managed to get our son some shorts for $7-bargain.

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom. The street party parade was made even better by a cast member called Barbara. Who really got into the groove even though she was just a float operator. It was hilarious-she was much more entertaining than the actual dancers! Watched the 3pm parade from outside the country bears show. Got an amazing spot but like always we sat for half an hour to get this spot to then find a swarm of people push in at the last minute, doesn't that just annoy you. I don't mind kids doing it but full grown men is a no no. Went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner-Had to take the cheesecake home with us, it was so enormous. Disney Studios to watch american idol then queued for an hour for Fantastmic then unfortunately it was cancelled!

Day 5 - Blizzard Beach today-Boiling today!!!! Storm came over at half one so left the park at two. Now off to Prime outlets and the premium outlets then back to Bahama Breeze for dinner.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Trip Report

It all sounds really lovely :) Love trip reports :))

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Trip Report

Sounds like fun so far, well done :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,024 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Trip Report

Sounds great. Thanks for writing.

Panama
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Trip Report

Great TR. Is it easy to move around and get to the malls. Renting a car for the first time and would like to dedicate a day to shopping. Will I get lost easily?

Marquibiri

Sussex
Level Contributor
953 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Trip Report

Great TR :) Glad your having lots of fun!

Queue jumpers annoy me so much too! But what annoys me more is my mothers reaction when she proceeds to say very loudly how disrespectful and selfish some people can be and what a bad example they set for their children- so embarassing! lol

Katrina

Louisiana
Level Contributor
348 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Trip Report

Love all your eat spots!!

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Trip Report

wow sounds like an amazing trip so far, fellow Horsham resident.

Never been to the cheesecake factory before, but defently doing it this trip.

Hope the rest of your trip is amazing x x

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Trip Report

Cant wait to hear the rest, love Chilles going to try Cheesecake Factory for DH i dont eat cheesecake so hope there is something for me! and Hollister whoo cant wait lush smell in there.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
264 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Trip Report

Thanks for the update. you've certainly been busy. Can't wait for the next stage.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our Trip Report

Hi Laura,

Sounds like you're having a great time. A perfect mix of fun, shopping and great eating places. Continue to enjoy every minute (and there are lots of them) 3 weeks - you lucky thing you!)