We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orange Lake vs Silver Lake

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
402 posts
234 reviews
Save Topic
Orange Lake vs Silver Lake

HI! If the choice was between Orange Lake North Village/East Village and Silver Lake Resort, which one would you choose? Which one has comfortable beds, nicer amenities, better staff?

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
402 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orange Lake vs Silver Lake

Also what about Orlando international club resort?

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orange Lake vs Silver Lake

Out of the 3, we have only stayed at Orange Lake (through a RCI timeshare exchange in 2005). We LOVED it!!!! I know friend's of mine that own at Silver Lake. I think either would be fine, but if I had the choice, I'd definitely choose Orange Lake. Great area, locations, amenities ect . . . It is large though. Some people don't like that. Depending upon what building you are in, you may be driving to one of the main pools. Great kids activities at Orange Lake too! Have a great trip!

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
402 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orange Lake vs Silver Lake

thanks very much! we stayed at orange lake before and i liked it but its a bit far from the outlet malls and universal which we plan to check out this trip...

im interested in silver lake this time around but looking to find out how comfortable the place is etc.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orange Lake vs Silver Lake

I belong to TUG2.net a timeshare users group. It costs $15 a year and there are reviews (wonderful and detailed -- way more detailed than trip advisor reviews) and rating from members of timeshare resorts all over the world. I use this site regularly to decide what timeshare resort s to rent.

Here are what their ratings mean and here are the ratings members have given the resorts you're looking at.

10 World class resort with everything included. Should be the best resort you have ever seen! Most are self-contained vacation destinations. Everything is in perfect order. There should be very few ratings of "10" given.

9 A great resort with everything except a major extra (e.g., golf or skiing being off-site). Beautiful units with fabulous decor. This should be among the 2nd to 4th best resorts you have seen.

8 A good resort with a great location. Still has top quality units and furnishing with on site recreation and activity director. An excellent exchange.

7 Above average resort but missing some extras and charges for the extras they do provide (e.g., tennis, bikes). Units might be a little smaller, not quite

Orange Lake is rated 8.69 with 301 ratings

Silver Lake is rated 8.29 with 82 ratings

Orlando International Club is rated 7.17 with 20 ratings.

I've never stayed at any of these, but we'll be trying Orange Lake for the first time for a week in March of 2011. I'm looking forward to it.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orange Lake vs Silver Lake

Hey there! here's my two cents.

I usually choose resorts in orlando based on their location, unit size and unit amenities as opposed to other other facilties such as restaurants, pools, golf courses and such. This is because when we travel to orlando we usually spend all our time in the parks and barely use the resort but to prepare meals and sleep. If this is your case too I would recommend you pick a resort conveniently located near the disney parks or the Universal parks (use map quest to locate your choices and calculate the distance to the parks)

If on the other hand you would like to spend some quality time in the resort and use all it has to offer then I would probably also choose an option like Orange Lake or Vistana.

Back when I worked at RCI some years ago I used to check the resorts quality index (based on customer's comment card evaluations) before choosing a resort for my vacations. Orange Lake always had top reviews. I stayed at Silver Lake once..very large unit with all the amenities for a confortable stay, facilies also quite good but we never used them.

Reviews on the Orlando intl resort not as good back then (it wasn't a gold crown resort).

Hope this helps!

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orange Lake vs Silver Lake

10 of us stayed at orange lake and all were happy. Loved the amenities, I had a poolside massage, loved the room and the beds. Spotless and check in was fabulous. I stay in time shares all the time. This one is superior.

7. Re: Orange Lake vs Silver Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 07:33