We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - silly question

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Topic
Help - silly question

We are travelling in october, just under 7 weeks to be precise! Yippee not that I am counting.

Silly girly question but can you take hair straightners in your hand luggage?

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - silly question

Hi

Yes but make sure they are the GHD that are dual voltage ...others dont get hot enough

Annie

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - silly question

Thanks Annie i never thougth of that. I was looking at the little travel ones but not sure if they are worth it?

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - silly question

Doubt they would get hot enough ...I took my old GHD and they never heated up ...brought the new ones think they are mk4 and you can use them in europe too

Annie

Lake District
Level Contributor
283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - silly question

I also pack my GHD's in my hand luggage as they are probably the most expensive item I take on holiday lol

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
400 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - silly question

Hi...from experience I can confirm that the only GHD's that work at the mk4's the others definitely don't. You can buy them easily in the Mall's out there and they work at home as well.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - silly question

thanks for all your help on this, I didn't really want to pay that much for some straightners, any idea where I can get them cheap before I go?

Swansea
Level Contributor
655 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help - silly question

As has already been mentioned unless the GHD's Mk 4's you will find UK straightners won't heat up enough to be of any use to you. Your best bet is to take a trip to Walmart etc when you arrive and buy a pair of straightner's there. My wife bought a pair for about $12 or so.

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help - silly question

Make sure you only buy from a genuine GHD stockest lots of fakes around if they sound too cheap they are not GDH'S ...you can buy them at the airport not sure if they are any cheaper I paid around £130.00 this is the site I bought mine from a couple of years ago www.ghdhair.com

Annie

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help - silly question

Hi I bought cheap ones in Wallgreens "Vidal Sasson "they were $12 ...they were not ceramic...so it was like running an iron over your hair ...straight in the bucket I didnt even bother to bring them home :-)

Annie

Swansea
Level Contributor
655 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help - silly question

Hehe yes think the ones my wife bought were Vidal Sassons and yes we didn't bring them back either, but beggers can't be choosers. This time I think she will take her GHD's.