We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from uk to orlando

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
400 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from uk to orlando

Hi Everyone...I just wanted some advice....up until last year we travelled to Orlando Sanford from Belfast with Globespan - unfortunately they went bust not long after we got back, which leaves those of us in Belfast with only 2 ways to get to Orlando....Thomascook (limited flights in the summer) or Continental to Newark then internal flight down. Flying from Dublin is an option but seems very expensive but will continue to check it out? I'm trying to look at various options flying from London Gatwick. I had a look on Virgin Holidays and they have a flydrive for 27 June 2011 for 3 weeks including car for 3 people at £1800 approx - is that a good price??? ....We usually would stay in a villa when we get there, but any options or other ideas from those of you who would usually travel from London would be greatly appreciated. Should I book in advance, should I wait last minute??

Thanks in Advance...

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,997 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from uk to orlando

We always have to connect, as no direct flights from here. We mostly use LGW.

Book flights in advance, they will just get more expensive.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from uk to orlando

Im always in the same situation as you, have only flew from belfast once, usually i fly from gatwick which always worked out cheaper anyway, if i were you i would just book it now cause ive noticed prices are gradually creeping up, im flying next year with virgin through travel city direct 2 weeks, the fountains i drive, car hire 2 adults and 2 kids was £3450, but a month ago i priced it and it was £3100, i should have booked sooner!!

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,033 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from uk to orlando

Sounds like a good price to be honest.

Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from uk to orlando

Fly globe span was great from belfast. Was a shame they went bust.

We only flew out of gatwick once. Sitting in gatwick with a 5 hour overlay after a 9hr flight from orlando was just too much.

I remember us all sitting there wrecked and vowing to always fly direct back to belfast from then on.

I'd go continental via newark. We did it 2 years ago and it was a gift. Great night flight and back in belfast for 9am.

We have always just sorted out our holiday ourselves and booked the flights/car/villa or hotel separately. Its just a matter of preference. You save a good bit of money if you don't mind the hassle.

Edited: 17 August 2010, 16:18
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling from uk to orlando

Have a look at Aer Lingus, not sure if it's from Belfast, but there very good, and not a bad price either. xx

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
302 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling from uk to orlando

We're just back from Glasgow/Newark/Orlando and couldn't fault the flights or connections at all. We had 2 hours transfer in EWR and had been a bit worried but everything went smoothly, it was great to get all the Immigration, Customs and Baggage sorted there. When we headed for the domestic flight everyone was so helpful in directing us to our new departure gate etc. When we arrived in Orlando, 10 mins wait for bags, 10 mins for car pick up, and off we went. Coming home was fine too, good timings. We got a good deal from Best at Travel for flights, townhouse, and car - they're based in London. Just another idea for you to ponder.....

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
400 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling from uk to orlando

Hi...thanks everyone...definitely more options to explore for us...this has got to be the best part...planning the trip. Thanks again.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling from uk to orlando

I think that's quite a good price considering its a flight from Belfast and then one to Orlando That's £600 per person.

But I would look at the car issue. Doesn't sound like the full cover insurance is included. But you could ask how much that would be. If its more the £280-£300. I would be inclined not to pick up the Virgin car if you have to pay for it at pick up.. And book a 4 door compact from Uscarhire.co.uk The £600 is not bad for flight only , given that your not starting from a major airport.

9. Re: travelling from uk to orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 07:18