We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Orlando with babies

Essex, England
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Orlando with babies

I am planning on travelling to Orlando with my then three month old twin sons in November. Does anyone have any advice on what Orlando is like with babies?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

Good luck :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

Why? (wait till they're a little older if possible)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

Oh princess41, I wanted to say "why?" but i thought I'd get shouted at !!!! LOL !!!!!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
400 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

I took my son when he was 6 months old - you can tell that the holiday was really for us not him.....! he he.

Anyway if you are travelling with young kids found it really easy. Everyone was so helpful rather than go into all the details on here PM me with any questions and I can try to help.

L

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,084 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

As a mother of twins myself, Iw ould advise against it. Mainly because it isn't like having just one baby and I was a wreck sleep wise till they were over 6 months. Not to mention if you are flying (can't have 2 babies in one row) and sterilisation etc. They would need to have their full immunizations.

If you feel you 'must' do it, stay in a suite hotel or better yet condo where you have a full kitchen and W/D. Hit parks early each day at opening and return to your place early afternoon. Eat out during the day and in at night where you can relax and get to sleep early.

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

yeah, that's awful young. their sleep schedules change constantly even when you are at home, I cannot even imagine traveling w/ them. That being said, you should realize you will spend the majority of time in your hotel/condo/house as they will need to nap/eat/play etc and playing at 3 mos means tummy time/ floor time.

Personally I'd advise against it too until they are older. I would rather have a sick older child than a sick younger child and airplanes are just a cold waiting to happen. When they are older you can give meds if they get sick, when they are that young you are limited to tylenol and that's pretty much it.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

USLovers - after I wrote it I said uhoh :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

I think you got away with it princess :) Teehee!!!!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

Wow! Only 3 months old ... and two of them ..... I would wait at least until they can walk on their own - even though they cannot do an adult pace, can talk and do what you ask them to do.

new york
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling to Orlando with babies

As many people on this forum share my same feelings, as to why you would want to go anywhere with 3 month old INFANTS! There are babysitting services in the Orlando area. Google it, but I don't think they will take 3 month olds, and if they do, I would be suspect of them.