We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovery Cove in November

New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Discovery Cove in November

Considering spending a day at Discovery Cove the week of Thanksgiving. Is it normally warm enough to enjoy the park and swimming with the dolphins at this time of year? What happens if it's really cold? thanks!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
468 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
183 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
126 reviews
from US$112.99*
US$118.99
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
12 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discovery Cove in November

Discovery Cove is wonderful and Thanksgiving should be a great time to visit. Weather in November and December is perfect. The summer humidity is usually long gone by then as is the serious hurricane threat.

Expect big crowds and pack a sweat suit for the cool evenings.

I always take a getaway vacation in November just because I want to avoid the hot and humid summer. But I also always avoid Thanksgiving because of the crowds and the holiday surcharges on air fares and room rates, so good luck with all that!

Hopefully, Disney will have the Christmas decorations up for your visit.

Enjoy!

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discovery Cove in November

Discovery Cove will be fine, my hubby was in Orlando last November and the weather was fantastic. We were there at Christmas, and we had some great days and some really cold days!

DC only lets 1000 people in a day and there is loads of room and you have so much real space to sit and enjoy, mind you we didnt do much sitting!

We are off to DC in October for our 3rd time, cant wait!

Enjoy!

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Discovery Cove in November

we had great weather when we went in november

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discovery Cove in November

glad i just scrolled thru a few pages this was the exact same question I was going to ask, we got engaged their in 2005 unfortunatley it was very stormy luckily after the proposal, was hoping to take the wife back to try and enjoy the park facilities better,

weather is the weather so hope it stays warm enough during day to relax, as its limited numbers anyway I assume thanksgiving week should be better than going to a disney park?

Bedfordshire England
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discovery Cove in November

Done DC several times in November and it is superb. We tend to wait until we get there and see what the weather is doing. Most of the time it is OK, but it is possible to have quite chilly days so if you wait and see what is happening to the weather you can choose the day better. We decide which day we want and then pop along to reception to book it ahead. As long as you choose a day about two or three days ahead all should be OK. Better to try and make it the tuesday or wednesday before Thanksgiving as you wil be more likely to get in.

Edited: 27 August 2010, 19:09
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discovery Cove in November

The weather at the end of November could be anywhere from sunny in the mid-80s (the most likely scenario) to cool/cold and rainy. Late January is the coldest time, and the closer you are to that, the more likely it is to be cold out. What's different from Northern climates is that we also get sunny and 80 days mixed in with the cold and crummy ones. If the temperature is lower than you can handle, I believe they will let you reschedule your visit.

We were at DC on a cool rainy day in April this last year and actually spent a good part of it in the lazy river because it was nice and toasty. They keep the different pools at different (constant) temperatures, and I think that was the warmest. The first thing we did when we got there was picked up wetsuits (included in the price) which helped too. If things get really cool, they'll bring out those large propane heaters that look like a yard lamp. And, at some point they will close the park.

7. Re: Discovery Cove in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2011, 05:18