We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure - Ticket Prices

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Asbury Park, New...
Level Contributor
107 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure - Ticket Prices

I'm going to Orlando for just 2 days with some girlfriends. We planned on doing Universal just one day but I notice that you get MUCH better deals if you go multiple days (boooo). We really only want to go the one day and go to the 2 parks. What's the best place to buy tickets for a discount. I see a lot of sites out there that are cheaper than their actual website. Also can you add on City Walk and get a better rate?? I know there is a lot of info out there but I'm tired of GOOGLING :)

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure - Ticket Prices

For the one day ticket, I would just get it in advance from the Universal site

universalorlando.com/Tickets/tickets_2.aspx

If you or one of your girlfriends has AAA, they may still have a little bit of a discount

All the Parks give a "more Days you play, the Less you Pay per day" kind of Ticket. Maybe Next Time, you can go for More days

Have Fun with the time you have for now :)

Asbury Park, New...
Level Contributor
107 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure - Ticket Prices

I know! I am kind of wondering if I should just skip it and go when I go w/ my husband when we can stay longer!

Another question: Is there a cost to get into CityWalk or is it free? The website makes it seem like there is a free but other sites say its free (not including parking). If we have to choose between CityWalk & the Downtown Disney for nightlife, which would you say is better? I have been to both but its been awhile and I don't know what has changed. I'll be going with 4 girls around 30, (no kids.)

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure - Ticket Prices

City Walk is Free, for the most part. You can buy a City Walk Party Pass for the Clubs ( $11.99 ) Special Events or Concerts, would need another Separate Ticket as well.

If you aren't into the "Party" scene, Downtown Disney is a nice Option, ( free parking, free to get in ) more low key but still a fun night out. Ragland Road is a good Restaurant to hang out at, there is a Band ( except for Sunday night ) Bongos is a fun Night spot as well. There is always something going on. House of Blues may have something going on for your dates

wdwinfo.com/downtown/marketplace/index.htm

If you decide to not go to Universal, maybe you could all just relax a bit during the day, hangout by the Pool ( hopefully you are staying somewhere with a Nice Pool :) and then maybe have Dinner and go to see Cirque du Soleil, a few Cocktails after etc

just a thought :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure - Ticket Prices

At Citywalk after 6pm I think the parking charge is only $3.

Me and my wife had a few nice nights out in citywalk. There are some really nice restaurants, Emerils being one of my favourites. The Hard Rock cafe is a good choice if you are into music. Lots of stuff all over the walls.

There is a cinema at citywalk, when we went to see Terminator salvation we were almost the only ones in the screen. I think only about 6 other people came in, so close to having our own private screening. But if you do go take a jumper the Air con was freezing!!

There are a few clubs in citywalk that you have to pay for if you dont have tickets (something like the flex ticket) We did not go in any of these but they seemed very popular when we were there.

For tickets I have gone with

attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/orlando-flor…

I have seen lots of people recommend it on here rather than going with a random site I found on google.

Hope you have a great time!

5. Re: Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure - Ticket Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 05:18