We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental cars & tolls

ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
rental cars & tolls

Have yet to book a hire car for my visit in October & have seen mention of a pre paid toll device, what the story with this? From what I have read no-one seems to want it, If I am going thru carhire3000 do I tell them I dont want it or at the desk when I am collecting the car? Is it only certain companies that do this? Approx how much are the tolls? will be going from mco to lake buena vista & from LBV to disney daily, thanks

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental cars & tolls

Just back and no-one asked us about it at car hire (Alamo) at Sanford, the tolls vary from 75c to $2 per car and there is always a lane giving change. I was concerned about them before I went, too but they are honestly no hassle. Apparently, the toll package works out more expensive and is completely unnecessary, just another money-making scheme for car hire companies. Alamo told us they didn't have any sat navs so we had to buy one, believe me, it is ESSENTIAL if you don't know the area, so make sure you buy/book one before you go. Have a great time.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental cars & tolls

From MCO to Lake Buena Vista, there are 2 tolls on SR 528. I believe one is $1.00 and the other is $.75. There are no tolls from LBV to Disney. If you stay in the tourist areas and do not go to South Florida, the only tolls you are likely to experience are back and forth to Cocoa Beach or the Space Center. Those tolls are only $1.50 higher than going to the airport. You can google the Orlando Orange County Expressway Authority or the Turnpike Authority for more information.

3. Re: rental cars & tolls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 05:18