We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainforest Cafe

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Topic
Rainforest Cafe

Happy New Year Everyone!! How far in advance do we need to make reservations to Rainforest Cafe? We are going to Disney March 22-April 1. Thanks

Donna*

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainforest Cafe

Which one? The one at Animal Kingdom isn't as busy as the one in Downtown Disney. The one in Downtown Disney is not as busy during the week as on the weekend. I've usually waited until the day before to call in (and sometimes the day of) but I'm usually going at a time when it won't be as busy. If a meal there is important to you, and since you are visiting during Spring Break, it wouldn't hurt to make one as far ahead as you can. By the way, you don't have to go in to the Animal Kingdom park to eat at the Rainforest there. There is an entrance from outside the park.

Bar Harbor, Maine
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainforest Cafe

We've never made a reservation there. We have always just walked in. Longest we have waited fro a table is 20 minutes.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainforest Cafe

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the Rainforest accepts reservations. You go to the stand at the front of the cafe and give your name and the number in your party. They will call you, but if you don't stay in the area, and there is VERY limited seating at the DTD one, you can miss your call.

Be there about 30-45 minutes before opening hour to get your name near the top of the list.

I like the Rainforest, but the last few times I was there the main course was tepid instaed of nice and hot when served. The one by AK seemed better.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainforest Cafe

I have made priority seating type reservations there. I would call in, they would give me a time, and I would check in at the podium. But I don't know if they accept reservations several months out like the Disney restaurants do. I would check out their website or give them a call.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainforest Cafe

I've personally waited anywhere from 20 minutes to two hours to get in to the Downtown Disney Rainforest Cafe, but as there is plenty to do around there, its usually not too bad, weather permitting of course. Is the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom open during the evening, or just during the park operating hours?

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainforest Cafe

We were at the Downtown Rainforest last week and they did take an advance reservation. We made ours a few days in advance. Better safe than sorry.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainforest Cafe

Hi,just t let y know the reaiforest cafe at ak is open on an evening,i phoned yesterday yo make a reservation for 7pm on 29th may.Hope this helps you.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainforest Cafe

Sorry you can tell ive been on the pop that should say Rainforest Cafe .

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Rainforest Cafe

We go in March every year. I made our March 2006 reservation the first week in December. I forgot to make it one year because you have to call them directly instead of making it the same time as all of the other ones through WDW-DINE, and we had a 2 hour wait. I would definately call NOW--and the direct number is (407) 827-8500.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rainforest Cafe

Just checked http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/dineakrc.html

According to them, the AK Rainforest Cafe stays open until 1 1/2 hours after AK closes. I haven't been in a while, but I'm assuming AK is not really a night park, so in March, pre time change it may be harder to eat at RC at night, vs late May.