We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walt DIsney World Orlando March 2011

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
815 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Walt DIsney World Orlando March 2011

For five year olds what is your opinion of Mickey's Philharmonic Three D show. There are so many to choose from and wanted to pick the most entertaining. Also have any of you done any of the Grand Gathering Experiences offered for parties of 8 or more. Just wondered if they actually were worth the time. Thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walt DIsney World Orlando March 2011

Mickeys Philarmonic Show is amazing. We have seen it several times and still enjoy it. I think that your 5 year olds will love it. I can't comment on you other point, sorry.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Walt DIsney World Orlando March 2011

I LOVE Mickey's Philharmagic, it's one of my favorite attractions in all of Disney World and very appropriate for most five year olds.

The rest of the 3D attractions, JMHO of course:

Muppet Vision 3D at Hollywood Studios has some loud noises but otherwise isn't scary in any way. The 3D technology isn't as up to date as MP though. It's fun, especially if your little ones likes the Muppets.

It's Tough to Be a Bug at Animal Kingdom eats kid alive. Aside from Stitch's Great Escape in the Magic Kingdom it is the attraction where I see the most little kids getting the poop scared out of them. If your little one is even moderately easily startled have an adult experience this one first.

Captain EO at Epcot is VERY old technology and, compared to any of the others, pretty lame unless you just want to see what Michael Jackson looked like back in the 80s. Lots of MC Hammer clothes and poodle perms on parade.

Happy Planning!

Jennifer

Halifax Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
690 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walt DIsney World Orlando March 2011

Another vote in support of Philharmagic. It's been one of our must-do's on 3 trips, starting when dd was 3. If they're not used to going to movies (i.e., big dark room), warn the child and offer a lap, but honestly, once it gets started, I can't imagine any child not loving it.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,482 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walt DIsney World Orlando March 2011

Philharmagic is wonderful for a 5 year old and a 95 year old! A Disney must see!

The 'Magical Getherings' experiences just don't seem worth the money. There are so many other opportunities for fun, that are the same price or already included in your ticket. The two exceptions are breakfast at Tony's and the fireworks cruise (which is now open to the public). Both get rave reviews.

Happy planning!

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
815 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walt DIsney World Orlando March 2011

Thanks, I'm glad to hear an opinion other than Disney's site, and their representatives, of who can't offer an opinion other than everything there shouldn't be missed.

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
815 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walt DIsney World Orlando March 2011

You're response was great. Thanks.

7. Re: Walt DIsney World Orlando March 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 06:46