We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Kidani

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Kidani

Hi all. I just got back from Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge yesterday. I did do a live report on Dis Boards but here it is. I went with Mom, Sister, Her GF, my son and my grandson.

I went from 8/29 to 9/5.

Got here safe and sound Sunday afternoon. First let me say. Why do you have to be put on a plane with persons who don't believe in Deodorant? Whew

I was in Room 7810 on the 4th floor. I got the room I wanted somewhat. Instead of the room next door to the one I stayed in in May, I am actually one floor lower next to that room

The room is beautiful. Dedicated. 2 bedroom Savannah view. Plenty of space. The kids have taken a swim in the bathtub already.

We hit Boma first thing. Food was delish as always.

Everyone loved the Zebra domes.

We went to Hollywood Studios and rode Tower of Terror and Rocking Roller Coaster and ended the night with FANTASMIC and fighting those pesky little knats.

Monday 8/30----we had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. It was nice. Was kinda bummed though. The Mad Hatter we had was very meek. I like the loud and rowdy one.

We went to MK. Rode most of the rides. Fantasyland looks like a construction zone. They are doing their best to keep it looking decent but trying to go on Winnie the Pooh with it all boarded up was a turnoff for me. As long as the kids had a great time. It was ok with me. We left before the parade.

They were tired and I went out for a drink or two at Victoria Falls in AKL. I could have gone to the one at Kidani but I like the one at AKL.

Tuesday 8/31-- Another beautiful here at AKV. Well yesterday we did Epcot. We did Test Track 3 times. Son did Mission Space ALONE!

We ate at the Food Court in The Land, where the grandson went missing for a few minutes. It had dawned on me and Mom that he did the same thing last year and we found him in the same spot.

We had reservations at Hollywood and Vine in Hollywood studios but we want to stay in Epcot. I called Disney Dining and was able to get Nine Dragons in China. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The food was really good.

Wednesday Sept 1---Hey all. We went to AK today. Had breakfast at Tusker House. Food was great as usual.

Did Expedition Everest 2 times. It had been inoperable for an hour.

The family loved Dinosaur. Especially Mom. Thought it would have scared my Grandson but he liked it.

Once we finished AK we went to Rainforest Cafe. The family loved it. It was their first time. The food was so good. Once we got back to the hotel, we went to the pool for a while. My grandson and son went on the slide a few times. I went down once. It was fun. And those margaritas didn't hurt either. lol

Thursday Sept 2----Today was kind of a lazy day. We didn't get out until noonish. We decided to go to Downtown Disney. We ate at T-Rex. The food was delish. I like it more than Rainforest.

We did a lot of shopping again. So much in fact that when I picked up purchases the next morning, I had a sack. Felt like Santa. It is great the way you can purchase your things and have it sent to the hotel. LOVE IT.

I went to visit my guide at Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort and bought 100 pts there. So now I am owner at Kidani and Bay Lake. Our guide gave us DVC fastpasses. Now these fastpasses are different. You insert the card into the machine and it gives you the time you put it in the machine so you can go right on. After our DVC visit we went to Chef Mickeys for dinner and met up with the Fab Five.After dinner, Mom went back to the room and we finished the evening at MK. Saw Electric Light Parade and Wishes. It was wonderful. Came back to the room and put the kids to bed. Sis, GF and I went to SANAA Bar and had a few drinks. Not as large as Victoria Falls but it was nice. Took our drinks outside by the firepit. Nice end to the evening.

The Zebras were running wild during the night. Chasing the Giraffes from their spot. I wonder if it was Mardi the trouble making Zebra?

Friday Sept 3--we went to Mara for a early lunch. Missed breakfast again. After Mara we went to Hollywood Studios where Mom and grandson got on TOT for the first time. It was priceless. Mom also got on RRC. She liked it. But she said she bumped her head too many times.

We ate at Boma again. Gotta love it and put the kiddies to bed. Sister, GF and I went to Epcot since it was open until midnight. We had plenty of Grand Marnier Orange Slushies. We did some shopping again and went in for the night.

Saturday Sept 4----

Our last full day. We went to Crystal Palace for breakfast. Pooh and the gang. It was so hot out there, we left around 2pm and had to return for the wishes dessert party at 9pm.

We did our packing and finished doing more laundry and I took the boys to Community Hall to play some games. We went to Mara for dinner and then back to MK for Dessert.

We had a good spot for viewing and arrived just in time to see the Electric Light Parade again. The dessert party was great as always and a wonderful ending to a great trip.

Yesterday morning we got up and had to run down to the gift shop to purchase 2 carryon bags for souvenigners. It was comical at the check in because my bag was 8lbs over and I had to move some stuff. Where? don't know how we did it but we did and its a good thing my sister had the space bags to flatten some things out.

We checked the bags and went to Epcot for a final run at Test Track and Soaring. Good thing we had those DVC fastpasses. I had one left for three rides and gave it to a family of 3 to ride Test Track. Left Epcot at 230pm back to Kidani at 315pm. Got our bags. Bus came at 330 and back to the airport for our 620 flight back to Newark. Arrived at 830 and home by 1030. should have gotten home by 930 but an accident on the NJ turnpike by the GW Bridge.

We had a wonderful time and will be going next year around xmas. Doing 3 nights at BLT from Dec 26 to Dec 29 and then doing the Dream Cruise for New Years. Son will be turning 12 on New years day 2012.

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Kidani

Lovely trip report. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Thanks for taking the time to write it!

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Kidani

You know how to do DIsney! I was hoping it would cool off some for you, no chance of that this time of year. You made the best of the cool drinks and evenings, thanks for the report! You do take a lot of trips, next trip, chocolate martinis at Wynn Las Vegas? ;)

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Kidani

And you know it Sue. Gathering in November and next June.

If you want to read this review at Disboards with pictures.

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2549962

New York
Level Contributor
296 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Kidani

I have to say I love your trip reports and your pictures are amazing!

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Kidani

Great TR, you packed plenty in!

Europe
Level Contributor
339 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Kidani

I just loved your trip report and the pictures are fabulous!! It's great to see all those smiling faces! I have booked to go to Orlando next Easter so am looking forward to it but would love to sneak a trip to Las Vegas as well !!!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Kidani

Another great trip report, fabulous pictures too. You all look soooo happy, don't ya just love Disney :)

You are definitely my sort of girl, Grand Marnier slushies are my favourite too!!

Edited: 07 September 2010, 12:23
New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Kidani

Disney always makes me smile. The happiest place on earth. LOL. The weather was great. No rain until we were arriving at the airport to go home.

9. Re: Back from Kidani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 15:35