We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What song do you most associate with Disney World

Ottawa
Level Contributor
147 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What song do you most associate with Disney World

So here's the thing. My kids (4 & 10) know we're going to Disney World. What they don't know is that we're leaving Tuesday! We'll be waking them up at 4am to catch our 7am flight.

I'll be walking them downstairs to surprise them with the bags all packed and with some Disney t-shirts to put on. I would also like to have some "Disney" music playing to really get the idea across.

So what song would be the best choice? One that most people associate immediately with Disney World?

I know "When you wish upon a star" but it's actually kind of slow paced and I'm looking for something a little more upbeat and energetic (trying to wake them up afterall, lol!)

Any suggestions?

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

It's a Small World?

or maybe the Mickey Mouse Club song?

I'd love to hear what everyone else has to say!

Jennifer

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

Zip a dee doo dah!! or Hi Ho !!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

I agree with the Mickey mouse club march if you want something upbeat to get you in the mood for your hols.

M,I,C..K,E,Y...M,O,U,S,E...:)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

We heard the funniest Heigh Ho thing once. The Disney movie Hunchback of Notre Dame premiered in New Orleans and they threw a parade Disney-style. We decided to drive over for it and on the radio the announcer said:

"All right all you Disney people headed out for the parade. Remember, you're not in Disney World. This is New Orleans and the muggers and pickpockets are making their way to the parade as we speak. Only they're singing:

Heiiiiiiigh Ho!

Heiiiiiigh Ho!

Heigh Ho! Heigh Ho!

It's off to work we go........"

It was a great parade :-)

Jennifer

Ottawa
Level Contributor
147 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

Thanks everyone! Based on your suggestions, I looked up the Mickey Mouse Club Theme Song and IT'S PERFECT!! Complete with fanfare in the beginning.

Thanks Tripadvisor Gang!!!

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

I have Disney ring tones for each of my daughter's associated with the attraction each of them likes the best. Youngest has Pirates, Middle has Main Street Electrical Parade and oldest has sound track from Epcot fireworks.

I would select a song that your children already associate with Disney. My grandchildren, for example know the M I C K E Y M O U S E song very well.

How very clever of your to plan this as a surprise so you do not have to listen to "How many days before we go?" asked every twenty minutes for a month.

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

Oh, you made a great choice, attagirlpaula...the Mickey Mouse Club song is the best, most upbeat song for the occasion! I am so excited for you...the kids will be thrilled!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

My ringtone is Bibbidi Boppidi Boo :-)

Jennifer

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What song do you most associate with Disney World

I love the new Celebrate It Street Party theme song - it's my favorite and reminds me of Disney everytime I hear it.

Now that I think about it though, for kids the Mickey Mouse Club song is probably the most recognizable.

Edited: 17 September 2010, 01:44