We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Already booked at POR but thinking of switching to POFQ...

New York
Level Contributor
966 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Already booked at POR but thinking of switching to POFQ...

We are already booked for August 2011 to stay @ POR but thinking we should switch to POFQ (same price). Why? We've read that French Quarter is having a complete renovation including theme rooms. Riverside had a reno of Alligator Bayou in 2006, but not the Magnolia Bend rooms that some say are "tired" looking. Also, some reviews say bus wait times are long @ POR and POFQ reviews always rave about the SHORT wait for busses. We won't be dining at the resort & don't spend a lot of time there but know we can use the facilities at either one. Tough choice but one we want to make soon before pricing or availability change.

Thank you to everyone who's helped us thus far in our planning. Rose :)

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Level Contributor
362 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Already booked at POR but thinking of switching to POFQ...

we stayed at POR this past feb, granted we were in the Aligator section but, there was nothing tired about it. The kids loved it, close to the food, i could wake up early and fetch coffees and the great views along the river.

Friends stayed in the POFQ about 2 months later and had an equally good time. I dont think that you can go wrong with either choice. If you stay at the POR ask for the Aligator section, it seemed to be a little quiter, the north( i think) bus stop is right there, never had to wait long for it. And its the last stop in most cases before heading to the parks.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Already booked at POR but thinking of switching to POFQ...

I have a good friend that loves French Quarter. I prefer Riverside but that probably has something to do with the fact that I'm in New Orleans a lot so the Disneyfied version feels kind of weird. Riverside is just so beautifully landscaped.

One nice thing about FQ is that it's very compact so no room is really all that far away.

3. Re: Already booked at POR but thinking of switching to POFQ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 06:21