We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

New York
Level Contributor
915 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

The family is still divided between the two resorts and it's coming down to the main pools (we know POR also has quiet pools). So, which place has the nicer pool? Thanks!!

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

I personally like Rverside - rather Mark Twain-ish, naturalistic.

French Quarter is fantasical, mythical - very special, too, but I still prefer Riverside.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

Riverside gets my vote too.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,335 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

Obviously you can't go wrong with either. I prefer French Quarter - smaller, less walking, great huge pool with a slide (these are sister resorts anyway so you could go back and forth between them anyway for the dining and pools). FQ has a more fun look to me. Unless of course there's 5 of you in which case Riverside would be the one for you. When we stayed in FQ (a few years ago) it was mid august and pool was always empty. Had it to ourselves quite a bit. Good luck in choosing!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

No matter which one you prefer, if you stay at one resort, you can use the pool at the other one as well.

Sister resort guests may share sister resort pools.

pa
Level Contributor
54,314 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

Riverside gets my vote

The Pool at FQ is nice, the slide is Fun of course but the problem is that because the pool isn't that large, once it gets crowded, there is no other option unless you really want to take the walk over to Riverside. If you are already at Riverside, you can take a break at one of those quiet pools if the Main Pool gets too crowded ( I think the Hot Tub is much better at Riverside as well :)

England
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

Riverside, in one of the manor buildings is by far the best option in my opinion. We stayed there and loved it, our manor even had a quiet pool.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

Liked the quiet pool at Riverside but did not like the main pool. it is small for a main pool and always crowded. Didn't like that resort at all.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

Riverside for me. I love the hot tub area...you can get a chair in the shade,if you want. Also love the bar with the wraparound porch,that's right near the main pool. Great it you need extra shade,or to get our ot the rain. :+)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,335 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

My travel agent just got back from a few days in disney with some friends. They stayed at french quarter. She said she loves that property. Loves the intimate feel. I think the french quarter pool is pretty big.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Better pool at French Quarter or Riverside??

Hiya Princess~~~~~~I've stayed at FQ too. It was swell! The music really gets ya goin the the morning. Food court is fun as well.