We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

High Wycombe
Level Contributor
392 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

What are the best places to eat in DisneyWorld? We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan and I'm starting to think about making reservations.

The kids are quite fussy, so I'd really appreciate if anyone could recommend family friendly restaurants, and also which places have kids menus.

Also, are there any 2 credit restaurants that are good? We want to try a few...

One of us is also vegetarian, so any recommendations for restaurants with vegetarian options would be appreciated, too.

Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

The Deluxe Plan is ALOT of food

You might do best with Buffets for Picky Eaters

Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Cape May Cafe, Boma are all good

Here are all the Restaurants and Menus on the Plan

wdwinfo.com/…restaurants2010

Make a note on all your reservations that you will need a Veggie Option. You can talk to the Chefs once there

http://allears.net/din/special.htm

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

I did the Deluxe Plan last year (doing it again next year), and partypa is right, it's *lot* of food. Be forewarned :-)

I also agree with buffets for picky eaters, but here are (sample) menus for every restaurant in-world (quick service and table service) so that you can figure out if there's anything you like, that's what I did.

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Finally, the Signature Restaurants (2 credit ones) are definitely worth it. I ate at 3 of them last year (Jiko, Narcossees and Yachtman) and loved each one. The Tanglewood Farms Chicken Breast (with bacon vinagrette) at Narcossees haunts me with it's deliciousness to this day.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

We love the Deluxe Dining Plan! We usually plan a late character breakfast (around 10:30AM) or lunch, at a 1 credit restaurant and then have a 2 credit dinner.

Every restaurant in Disney World (except Victoria and Alberts-no one under 10 years allowed) has a children's menu. Every restaurant has options for vegetarians, as well.

Our favorite family venus for atmosphere: All character meals, love Tusker House breakfast in Animal Kingdom and Cinderella's Castle in MK; O'Hana for dinner at the Poly; Biergarten and Coral Reef in Epcot; 50's Prime Time Cafe and Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater in Hollywood; and Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL.

Our favorite 2 Credit restaurants for food, service and atmosphere: Narcoossee's during MK fireworks at Grand Flo; Brown Derby in Hollywood; Jiko at AK Lodge; Artist Point at WL; Yachtsman Steakhouse at Yacht Club; and (after March 2011) LeCellier for dinner in Epcot. We also love having "room service" at the deluxe resorts.

Be sure to book an ADR for all character meals and any other venue you don't want to miss. I prefer to have an ADR for every meal, (others don't like to plan everything) as we hate lines and don't want to be turned away from our restauarnt of choice. If our plans change, we can always cancel.

Happy planning!

pa
Level Contributor
618 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

i didn't see any vegetarian options for dinner at liberty tree tavern or spirit of aloha polynesian luau.

High Wycombe
Level Contributor
392 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

Thanks for the great advice- I'll look into buffets and we'll defo do some signature dining, as long as there are less adventurous options. Do any of these signature restaurants offer meals that are less fancy and more family friendly? Thanks again.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

Um, Narcoossees and Yachtsman both had 'normal' food with the fancy stuff, I think. Again, best bet is to take a look at the menus yourself and decide if you (and your party) would eat anything on them.

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

I'm pretty sure that all of the Signatures will all have some sort of steak and some sort of chicken. The chefs will be happy to prepare dishes without the "fancy" sauces and things.

We've been able to order a plain steak with noodles/butter as the side in both Jiko and California Grill. All you need to do is ask your waiter :-)

Jennifer

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

Any Disney restaurant that does not have a specific vegetarian entree on the regular menu, will be happy to prepare a meal for you. Just ask, when you arrive at your table.

My daughter always has a hotdog at O'Hana, and I know its not on the menu.

Enjoy!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

Check www.disneyfoodblog.com for great info. We like Narcoosees,Jiko and Chef Mickey's. Shulas and Yachtsman for steaks. I wouldn't consider anything Disney serves as fancy food and all the restaurants are family friendly.Brown Derby is also good-HS is not great for restaurants.We like the French restaurants and Morocco at Epcot.

10. Re: Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 05:17