We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Yer's Eve 2010

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
New Yer's Eve 2010

Hi all,

Just wondering if it is easy to ge a cab at Citywalk on New Years Eve, we will be travelling from CityWalk to Clarmont and are hoping to ring in the new year at City Walk. Would we have to book a cab or could we just hail one late that night? I'm presuming the price would also increase considering it is New Years, am I right!!?!!

Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Yer's Eve 2010

Price shouldn't be any different

I might line one up in advance ( day before or so ) but there will be lots of Taxis at Citywalk when the evening is over

www.mearstransportation.com

Scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Yer's Eve 2010

Last time I was at Citywalk at the end of the night there is a cab rank. There are wardens there who make sure there is no queue jumping. You will have to wait about an hour but will definitely get a cab.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
347 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Yer's Eve 2010

We were in orlando last new years and a cab driver told us that they turn their meters off on new years eve so they can charge what they want. We got a cab a few times from city walk to our hotel which cost around $20 but he told us we could easily pay $70 dollars on new years eve. We were staying near seaworld so we just went there instead. Couldn't justify paying that amount of money for a cab. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
4. Re: New Yer's Eve 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 05:16