We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

Trying to decide between these 2 places. The dates of our stay will be March 6-11. Traveling with my husband and 2 kids- ages 18 and 12. We'll have a car- not sure if we are flying and renting a car or driving ourselves.Both of these places look so nice! I found a great rate for both of them on 1 800 hotels. I know The Point is not as close to Disney as LBVR, but it's a little cheaper and looks really new. Any thoughts?

1. Re: Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2010, 11:55
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

The Lake Buena Vista Resort is more conveniently located (closer to Disney) and is more family-oriented. Both places are newer-the Lake Buena Vista Resort was built in 2006 and the Point Orlando Resort in 2008. Hope this helps.

Texas
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

Thanks for the info! The Point is $115 cheaper for the 5 night stay. I just don't know if that savings is worth the extra traffic. I also noticed that LBVR one bedroom has 200 more sq ft than the Point.

Kelowna, B.C...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

I'm staying at the Point right now- been here 10 days now. It is a nice newer apartment style hotel. I haven't seen too many children around. The pool looks nice, but it's been too cold to try it. Very small cafe which I haven't tried, but there are numerous places to eat within a few blocks. It's about a 7 min drive to Universal, and about 25 min drive to Disney. I've enjoyed my stay and would stay here again. I can't comment on the LBV Resort. Good luck!

Texas
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

Thanks Cindy! What about the shuttle schedule? Is it worth it to hop a shuttle one day to a park? Do you have a restaurant reco close to the resort for our first night?

Kelowna, B.C...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

I considered just doing the shuttles and I'm so glad I didn't. I'm not sure about the shuttles here as I haven't used them. Car rentals are cheap, if you look around you can find a great deal. I got one for 2 weeks for $231.00 total [ Alamo, and join their Quicksilver program]. Its really worth it to rent a car and come and go as you please.

As for dining, the Point is 2 blocks away from International Drive. Tons of Restauraunts, Red Lobster, Black Angus, Sweet Tomatoes are closeby. I tried Red Lobster and Bahama Breeze. Red Lobster I always like, but I didn't care for Bahama Breeze- mediocre food. The ones I'd recommend are not within walking distance. I highly recommend: Bonefish Grill [ not to be confused with Fish Bones]- the Bang Bang Shrimp is amazing. On Wed's its $5.00. Thai food- Sea Thai- drunken noodles are soooo good, and Ayothoya Thai. Yellow Dog Eats is fantastic and deserves its #1 spot on Tripadvisor.

Texas
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

Thanks so much for all the food recommendations! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

we just returned from lbv resort and spa. we were there for thanksgiving. very clean. new. we upgraded to a firework view room and they were fabulous! we only went to AK and SW and both were just a few minutes away.

enjoy your trip.

if you stay at LBV resort just remember to bring your own wash clothes as they dont provide any

9. Re: Lake Buena Vista Resort or The Point Orlando Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2011, 05:19