We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thompson travel agents

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scarborough england
Level Contributor
245 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
thompson travel agents

we have been given a reasonable price by thompsons for next november,this is for virgin flights,a gold star villa and car hire. I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with thompsons as we have never used them before.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thompson travel agents

I have never been to Florida with Thomsons, but have been to Spain , we had issues with the content of some trips being changed after we had booked them & not being told & because we didn't have print outs of what we had bokked in the first place we were told there was nothing we could do

make sure you print everything out as you see it & book it .

if you have your own transport you should be fine we were picked up an hour & a half late for our trip back to the airport & nearly missed our flight.

Having said this my sister goes with them everytime

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thompson travel agents

I've used Thomsons before and have had no problems with them and would book with them again. Both there airlines Thomsons and First Choice have very good comfortable planes.

However the package you describe rings alarm bells on the car hire. Check what is include with this part of the deal paying particular attention to the class of vehicle and insurance that is included. Make sure that there is no extras to pay on collection.

On my previous booking they offered a "free" car but there was so much to pay when you collected the car that I was cheaper renting a car independently and not collecting the "free" car. In fact I was alerted to this on my first holiday through Thomsons when the girl who was dealing with me actually told me to book a car separately.

David

UK
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: thompson travel agents

I can't see Thomsons selling Virgin flights cheaper than Virgin can, have you checked with Virgin direct. Also try lowcostholidays.com, they sell everyone's flights and usually cheaper.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thompson travel agents

Thomson's selling Virgin flights??? now that is strange.Thomson have their own planes and first choice's.

scarborough england
Level Contributor
245 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thompson travel agents

Many thanks for all suggestions, especially about the car hire, as you said when questioned not everything was covered,so back to the drawing board and have now got prices from Virgin direct and lowcostholidays and awaiting price from thomas cook.

London
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: thompson travel agents

We have booked our honeymoon with Thompson, booked an "exclusively for adults" hotel. Now less than 3 weeks before our honeymoon and after paying up the final bill on the holiday, they have told us that they made a mistake. We have asked for an exchange, a refund or anything, they have told us "tough", its not a significant change. Not to them its not!!

DONT BOOK WITH THOMPSON FOR ANY HOLIDAY

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thompson travel agents

Thompson's sell loads of different holidays from other carriers. After all they are a travel agent !

What price are the giving you.

DIY is always cheaper so tell everyone you budget, dates etc and i'm sure someone will find you a better deal

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,168 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thompson travel agents

sarah

If the brochure or website stated that it was adults only, I wouldn't take no for an answer. Just go back and tell them that you want to change your accommodation.

No point coming on a forum shouting don't book with thomson for any holiday, just because of your experience! Most people have had a problem with various tour operators at some point in time. Thomsons have always been the lesser of two evils in my experience.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thompson travel agents

the op is back in december, 2010. they have probably booked by now !!!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thompson travel agents

just for information... friend just come back from thomson holiday.. 8 hours before they went they received a phone call from thomson saying could they choose another holiday because the hotel they had chosen was closed! Friends said no -you find us a better or equivalent hotel.. and they did...They booked this holiday back in october 2010...

In january Thomson told them they had to change the date of flying!

Seems they dont know what they are doing....thats worrying..