We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding venues in Florida

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
wedding venues in Florida

I am planning a wedding for April 2012 in Florida. We will be having both sets of parents, our 4 year old son and possibly a few friends. I am quite happy that I can organise a venue etc from the UK- Leu Gradens and Cypress Grove websites are easy to find however I am hoping to get married somewhere other than Orlando. Yes we will be staying there for a week so we can go to Disney for the little one but I wondered if anyone has got any other suggestions. I am looking at the Florida Keys/Miami and the surrounding areas or Naples/surrounding areas. I have noticed there are quite a few venues on Key West-lighthouse, Ernest Hemingway's Home etc. Has anyone ever got married there? What was the venue like?How did you find orgnaising it? Who did you use for flowers/photography etc. If anyone has any suggestions for a nice venue preferably outdoors please let me know!

scarborough england
Level Contributor
245 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding venues in Florida

Dont know weather this helps but our son is getting married in Nov 11 on Clearwater beach and they are using a company called www.gulfcoastweddings.com for the actual service on the beach.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding venues in Florida

A friend recently got married in Naples at the Inn on Fifth (www.innonfifth.com)....it was beautiful!!

Have a look, wedding took place at a park right on the beach (breathtaking) and the reception was at the Inn!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding venues in Florida

i renewed my vows on the beach in Treasure Island, used Kat Christie of CLEARWATERNOTARYWEDDINGS.COM. very good service, you cant beat the beach!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding venues in Florida

We always stay in March at the Doubletree Resort in North Redington Beach, right on the Gulf. It's between Clearwater and St. Pete's Beach. They have beautiful weddings right there on the beach. I'm sure if you go on the Doubletree site, you can find a way to contact them for info. Good luck planning.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding venues in Florida

Would recommend that you would narrow down to your list of preferred locales, and then recommendations could be made dependent on the locale(s) chosen. Then people in the area could suggest venues and possible wedding planners to assist you.

Do you want indoors/outdoors beach woodsy hotel hall church, etc. etc. etc.?

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding venues in Florida

We went to a wedding in Port Orange (just outside Daytona Beach) which was great. The site has a small chapel, cottage in a park area for refreshments and even a house on site w/ an inside pool the Bride and Groom can rent for the Wedding night (I think it was 2BR). They arrange everything (cake,food, photographer, officiant etc.). Also the Jupiter Beach Resort does beach weddings. Beautiful location right next to the Jupiter Inlet. The Hilton Hotel on nearby Singer Island also does beachfront weddings on a regular basis.

Lincoln, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding venues in Florida

Hi,

I am planning a wedding october 2012, have only just started looking and like you have been looking at the keyes, staying there for a week an moving onto the parks. all i am looking for is just a simple beach wedding with around 15 guests, i have no idea where to start any tips or ideas?

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding venues in Florida

For the Keys I would google Islamorada wedding or Marathon wedding. Also you should post on the FL Keys forum, lots of local knowledge and very helpful posters there!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding venues in Florida

While I do think the keys or ANples would be great, you are flying in and out for Orando and trying to fit that in too.

So Iam going to recommend the gulf coast. This will have the benefit of perhaps a sunset ceremony and a dinner following in a beach side restaurant.

I have seen the set up for one of these when I was in Anna Maria Island last april and I t hink that would be ideal. There are 3/4 good places to have this, and the Sandbar Restaurant was where I saw it last time (Beach House and Sun House would be other options). As a smallish group, a few 2/3 bed condos would be a great alternative to hotels there. And with a free trolley to get around the island, the non drivers in your party would be set (but I would rec a few cars in your group.).

I don't know of any wedding planners there, but a search on the anna maria and Sarasota forums would get you some recs.

Barrow-in-Furness
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding venues in Florida

hi me and my husband got married on st petes beach we booked through thomas cook and they arranged a wedding planner for us and he did all the organisation for us he booked our flowers arranged our cake and even booked a limo for us as we stayed on international drive and had to get transport to st petes beach we had a fantastic day with just a handful of people going back in may to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary good luck with your planning :)