We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting article for Disney fans.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting article for Disney fans.

I stumbled across the following article in the NYT, which makes interesting reading;

nytimes.com/2010/…

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

Wow very impressive :)

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

Genius!! I love Disney :-)

London
Level Contributor
190 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

"Disney has been experimenting with smartphones to help guide people more efficiently. Mobile Magic, a $1.99 app, allows visitors to type in “Sleeping Beauty” and receive directions to where that princess"

does this mean that Disney will also have free wi-fi throughout the parks?

Seahouses, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

Disney have free wiFi! I doubt it. They have to recover a large amount of money. Remember they are a business.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,325 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

They have a very tough job -- and a way to go! I was at EPCOT today (first time, but I've been to the Magic Kingdon once before and to Disneyland several times) and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. At 10:30 AM the fast past time for EPCOT's soaring ride was 8:00 PM!!!!! By 3:30, on the way out, some fast passes were "sold" out. And while walking out of EPCOT I saw something that astonished me: at EPCOT's exit, where you would board the monorail to get to the Magic Kingdom, there was a sign saying that the Magic Kingdom was at capacity! I do realize that Dec 31 is an especially busy day -- I wish we had chosen a different day.

Michigan
Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

Yes, all the parks notoriously hit capacity very early in the day on New Years Eve. Great day to visit if you want to ring in the new year with several million of your closest friends, not so great if you were hoping for a regular day of rides & whatnot.

Thanks for posting that very interesting article! My husband was even impressed, and that's not an easy achievement.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,325 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

Wow. I was at DL on July 4 a few years ago (reputedly their busiest day) ahd this was worse.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

We spent New Year's Eve at WDW three years ago, and I swore we would never do that again. I have never been in such crowded conditions. I could not believe that Disney permitted so many people to enter the park. There was absolutely no place to walk, and certainly no hope of seeing anything. We spent three hours just trying to reach the exit from Tower of Terror.

It is very typical for Disney to reach capacity and close the gates periodically during the Christmas week. This year, for the first time, Universal also closed several times.

This year we went to Sea World during the day on Dec. 31. We encountered no lines, and had great seats for every show. Lots of people were coming in as we were leaving at 5pm. I am sure I would not want to be there for the evening celebration, but the day was great.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

Good article. I read it in Detroit's paper a couple days ago. Thanks for putting it on the forums. :)

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Interesting article for Disney fans.

MK at capacity! OMG that must be horrendous! I am afraid I would head for the exits, no ride ever is worth more then 30 mins queing!!