We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks in parks

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks in parks

Have read the threads on coolers in the park and again, there appears to be conflict. With 5 kids, we would obviously like to at least take some squash and/or water in with us – is this likely to be a problem in MGM and the Universal parks?

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks in parks

They definitely don't want you lugging huge coolers into the parks, but I usually have a small soft sided cooler in my back pack stuffed with partially frozen drinks. I have never had a problem at any of the Disney or Universal parks.

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks in parks

The rule is (and I never ever seen it enforced)small coolers that can fit into one of there lockers are allowed in the park and must be kepted in the lockers but I've seen larger coolers taken in and all size coolers with-in the park. Again I've never ever seen the cooler rules enforced.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks in parks

I would stick with one that fits in the lockers or a backpack. You will get very tired carrying a huge cooler around with you all day, even if they don't stop you from bringing it in.

Cortes de Baza...
Level Contributor
139 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks in parks

We take empty water bottles and fill them at the water fountains regularly. Nice and cold...but then being British we arent really used to having ice in our drinks

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks in parks

I do not know the answer for Universal but I have been told that they are more strict.

Disney parks will allow SMALL icechest. We have taken sandwiches, snacks, and drinks. When on rides we just left it with stroller.

they will search it upon entering as well as any other bag.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks in parks

Just and FYI, in both Univeral and SeaWorld we have gotten free water at the stands. Just ask for a glass of water and not the bottled stuff.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,339 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinks in parks

If I'm staying at one of the Disney resorts, and don't have a rental car, is there somewhere (maybe DTD) where we can pick up things like cereal, bottles of soda and water, etc? We're at PO Riverside.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks in parks

shelly67: The official rule is the small cooler in locker, but as stated it isn't strictly enforced. A small cooler can be wheeled around in a stroller with no issue if you don't want to have to return to the locker everytime you need something.

Sandinmypants: The resorts have various items such as this that you can purchase in the main building. You will pay a lot more for them though. There is a Hess Station/Convenience Store across the street from DTD that many people walk to and then take the bus back to their resort. Just watch out for the traffic.

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinks in parks

Thanks all of you for the input - have no doubt I'll be fine then if we just take some frozen bottled water or squash etc in our rucksacks or small cooler bag. Will save a small fortune with 7 of us plus don't want the kids dehydrating with wanting to drink fizzy drinks all day! Thanks again

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,008 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinks in parks

All the parks check your bags but you can certainly bring in drinks and a few snacks. They just don't want you lugging in huge coolers of food and beverages since they wqant to sell you lunch. But I have always brought in juice boxes and water for my children and some packaged snacks too.