We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

New York
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

Hi-And Happy New Year to everyone! It's that time of year that I start looking into our summer trip to Orlando. We've stayed on and off site, this year we were thinking of a week at a off site, then a few days on site at Disney. My question is, we've stayed at the Marriott properties-Cypress Harb, Gr Vista, and Lake Harbour. Loved all of them. Might want to look into a different off sight place, but something as nice as the Marriott properties, and with the same good location for the parks. My thoughts were: Floridays Resort, HIlton GVC on Inter. Drive, Bonnet Creek. Any thoughts on these and how they compare to the Marriott's? My one pet peve is, I don't want a balcony over looking a parking lot, or construction. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Hilton Orlando
Hilton Orlando
5,638 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

I am almost hesitant to respond because there are so many choices. Have heard mostly good things about all the places you are considering and have stayed at Floridays. Floridays provides comfortable accommodations, very nice pools and proximity to Disney. However, there are no "grounds" with lots of green space there.

Just want to mention...(no "grounds" here either) that we "stumbled across" the Blue Heron property when it opened several years back. Less than a mile from the entrance to Disney. Very nice two bedroom condos (plus bunk alcove in hall). Higher floors offer great views of the area. Each two bedroom has a front (overlooking a lake) and a rear balcony (from which Disney fireworks can be seen each night. Very nice pool(s). Carded entry to the elevators for safety. There are also one bedroom units with one balcony that overlooks Lake Bryan. Also has bunks in the hall alcove

Shuttle to Disney is available, but it's so close that you can drive there in five minutes. Blue Heron may be worth adding to your comparison list. I believe a few are listed for rental from owners on www.vrbo.com. May even be some listed here on Trip Advisor under their "vacation rentals" tab.

Perhaps worth having a look....

Mentioned in this post
Floridays Resort
Floridays Resort
8,882 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Blue Heron Beach Resort
Blue Heron Beach Resort
2,420 Reviews
Orlando, FL
New York
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

thanks, I'll check it out- I know there are so many options! Even since we've been this past summer, new places have opened up-we do like the resort feel, with grounds etc to walk in the morning. I know Marriott has opened up a new place too I want to check out the reviews on-

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,713 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

You might like the Sheraton Vistana resort. They've been doing a huge remodeling job of all of their units -- I believe most are remodeled now and they really did a fantastic job. They have nice landscaping, with little lakes / fountains, etc. all over, meaning they give all units a nice water view rather than parking lot view. Also, customer service is great. If you don't like your view or unit, ask if they can give you another one.

Cypress Pointe is a nice resort too, but too big a chance of a parking lot view. With the view being a high priority, I'd go Vistana Resort or Marriott instead.

I haven't stayed at the Hilton Grand proprerties, but these are highly rated on TUG2.net just like the Marriott properties are.

Edited: 03 January 2011, 03:12
Mentioned in this post
Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista
Sheraton Vistana Resort...
7,167 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Cypress Pointe Resort
Cypress Pointe Resort
1,151 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hilton Orlando
Hilton Orlando
5,638 Reviews
Orlando, FL
New York
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

thanks so much-interesting about the Sheraton property- I didn't give it a thought, since it seemed to get negative reviews in the past. Our "view" on our balcony is important to us since we spend quite a bit of time out there- at HGVC at Seaworld we had a view of the parking lot a few years back .Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,453 Reviews
Orlando, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,826 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

Happy New Year to you also :)

Bonnet Creek is a Beautiful Property. There have been some nice Offers, not sure of exact dates but might be worth a look

www.mousesavers.com/hiltonbonnetcreek.html

Be sure to check the current offers for your Disney Resort portion as well

wdwinfo.com/discounts/…save30

Happy Planning

New York
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

thanks! I usually try to book through an owner (comes out at a great rate!) But there are a few days we might want to stay on property-Party Pa have you stayed at Bonnett Creek?

pa
Level Contributor
54,826 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

I have not ( you know I just can't give up those Disney Resort Perks :) But have friends that did, and they really enjoyed it. Had a look around and seems quite Lovely, beautiful grounds and pool and 24 hour room service, that's nice :)

New York
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

Thanks! Those Disney perks are great-I like that you don't have to carry your packages back to the resort-we tend to over buy a bit with the souveniers! Last summer we had a large box mailed back home! We're thinking a week at a timeshare resort, then a few days at disney, thinking we'll try Wilderness Lodge, we've never stayed there-

9. Re: Other choices besides the Marriott properties??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 07:36