We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help...Please with a Reason. priced NICE hotel and quest...

NY
Level Contributor
671 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Help...Please with a Reason. priced NICE hotel and quest...

Hi! Can someone please give me some insight on what a good nice clean hotel is that is really reason. priced. Do not want the plain jane travleodge red roof type, I do want a NICE place just not a top doallar one. It is just my hubby and I...we are both 29, so still want to have fun, but are not "partiers", so enjoy QUIET too. lol

ALSO, what should we know about UNIVERSAL..What to SEE and GO ON etc. Never been to Islands of Adven. PLease tell!! Is it worth it to get the combo or just do univeral?

IS there any where to buy LEGIT discount TIX for universal/islands as well as BUSH GARDENS and MAGIC KINGDOM?? May have to pick just one park if not being they are pretty steep at 60.00 a pop.

We heard there are some GREAT flea markets in the area....Ladies, help me out here...WHERE are they??? lol

Thanks to all for your help and input. Hoping to hear back! THANK YOU MUCH!

USa
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help...Please with a Reason. priced NICE hotel and quest...

I can respond to the part about universal. I would DEFINITELY fo to both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. At Universal, I would first go to Revenge of the Mummy. I then would try seeing Shrek 4D. I then would try going to Men in Black. Be sure to ride Jaws, ET,and check out Twister, Terminator and the Gory Gruesome makeup show. It is a blast! Earthquake is interesting also. At Islands of Adventure,I would first go to Spiderman and enjoy it a couple of times before the lines grow. I then would go to Hulk and ride it a fewtimes as well. Walk towards the Jurassic Park River Adventure ride and enjoy it a couple of times. You will pass the Dr. Doom ride, but the wait for it is inside and you can enjoy it when the temperature gets hotter. I would definitely ride both of the Dueling Dragons. I suggest checking out the 2 water rides at Toon Lagoon a little later in the day. We always enjoy walking over to the Dr. Seuss area and riding the Carouseussell and The Cat in the Hat ride. For lunch, we always ate at The Enchanted Oak restaurant. The turkey leg platter there is great and priced reasonably. Along Citywalk, we always enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Margarittaville. I am sorry this is long but responding to the question brought back so many happy memories for me. My wife and I recently divorced and I always looked forward to our annual trip to Universal Orlando. It was always the highlight of the year for her, my son, and myself. Now, it is only a wonderful memory of a better time in my life.

USa
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help...Please with a Reason. priced NICE hotel and quest...

I can respond to the part about Universal. I would DEFINITELY go to both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. At Universal, I would first go to Revenge of the Mummy. I then would try seeing Shrek 4D. I then would try going to Men in Black. Be sure to ride Jaws, ET,and check out Twister, Terminator and the Gory Gruesome makeup show. It is a blast! Earthquake is interesting also. At Islands of Adventure,I would first go to Spiderman and enjoy it a couple of times before the lines grow. I then would go to Hulk and ride it a few times as well. Walk towards the Jurassic Park River Adventure ride and enjoy it a couple of times. You will pass the Dr. Doom ride, but the wait for it is inside and you can enjoy it when the temperature gets hotter. I would definitely ride both of the Dueling Dragons. I suggest checking out the 2 water rides at Toon Lagoon a little later in the day. We always enjoy walking over to the Dr. Seuss area and riding the Carouseussell and The Cat in the Hat ride. For lunch, we always ate at The Enchanted Oak restaurant. The turkey leg platter there is great and priced reasonably. Along Citywalk, we always enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Margarittaville. I am sorry this is long but responding to the question brought back so many happy memories for me. My wife and I recently divorced and I always looked forward to our annual trip to Universal Orlando. It was always the highlight of the year for her, my son, and myself. Now, it is only a wonderful memory of a better time in my life.

NY
Level Contributor
671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help...Please with a Reason. priced NICE hotel and quest...

I am sorry to hear about your wife. I am glad though that you were able to enjoy yourself so much. you say all these ries you mentioned would still interest us being we hav no chilkdren...??? Thanks for the advice! did you get your tix right at the gate or in advance? thank you!

Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help...Please with a Reason. priced NICE hotel and quest...

I just sent this message a few minutes ago in another question so I'm copying and pasting lol.

192 Flee Market Outlet - (407) 396-4555 - 4301 W Vine St, Kissimmee, FL

(407) 846-2811 - 2801 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL

(407) 809-0011 - 4301 W Vine St, Kissimmee, FL - 2.86mi

Also try a dinner show.

Wild Bill's Wild West Dinner Show

5260 West US Highway 192 Kissimmee, FL 34741

+1 407 351 5151

Show times vary; Call for details

The whole family will enjoy this experience, both for the all-you-can-eat food and for the show.

Here you dine on fried chicken, corn on the cob, salad and ice cream, with unlimited beer and wine served to adults.

As you dine, a troupe of actors, singers and dancers delivers an entertaining salute to the Wild West. Complete with Native American dancers, shooting demonstrations, and can-can girls, this lively evening of song and dance features songs of the American West, including "Home on the Range," among other favorites.

Admission is $37 adults, $23 children 3-11.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Gurt

Que
UK
Level Contributor
661 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help...Please with a Reason. priced NICE hotel and quest...

There are a lot of nice hotels near Universal so you have a good choice depending on your budget.

I would recommend The Castle for a couple of reasons - it's relatively quiet but still in the middle of I Drive, it's reasonably priced, it doesn't seem to attract groups of school children on trips like some other hotels, the rooms are clean, don't smell and are nicely presented. You would be within easy walking distance of a number of restaurants and bars here.

I'm sure you can read the reviews for other hotels in the area but that's the one we consider the best value - we've stayed in everything from La Quinta to the Peabody.

Incidentally, the La Quinta on I Drive is even cheaper and the pool area is the quietest we've ever seen. For a relaxing day off from the theme parks, a quiet hotel pool where you are almost on your own is very attractive.

Universal Islands of Adventure is our favourite park, you should find loads to do there. The best rides are Duelling Dragons, The Hulk, Spiderman and the two water rides. We would definitely choose Universal over Disney any day. Universal Studios is good too - it's certainly worth your while, especially the Mummy ride.

We buy our tickets in the UK, so I can't give advice on where to buy in the US.

The flea markets are disappointing. Browsing is okay but they are mostly filled with cheap tat. They may be worth a walk around, but whether you'd actually buy much is up to you.

USa
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help...Please with a Reason. priced NICE hotel and quest...

Mskammie:

We always went to the website of Universal Orlando and bought a 5 day pass for around $100.00 each. It is a great deal. I think it is called a Flex ticket-it allows you to visit both parks each day. Yes, I think you and your husband will enjoy the rides I mentioned. Have a great trip!