We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
402 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
just back

travelled to orlando on dec 28th,from dublin via manchester with virgin. there was myself,my husband,15 year old son,my sister,bro-in-law,9 year old nephew and 6 year old niece. flight was on time,seats were fine food was poor,but no poorer than any other airline.arrived in mco at apr 3pm. collected cars from alamo,a chrysler town and country and a dodge charger. both cars were fab and more or less brand new. 5000 miles only on them. headed off to our villa in west haven. this was our 1st time to stay in a villa and we were blown away by it. never again would i stay i a hotel. the villa was in the shire,west haven,in the championsgate area. booked it direct with owner through holiday lettings.co.uk. at the time i spent hours upon hours looking at various properties,but i made the right choice. can not reccomend it highly enough and if anyone would like details please pm me. 1st night we ate in local chillis at championsgate. next day we headed off to seaworld and spent the day there. it was fairly quite so we were thrilled. i did manta as last time i never got to do it. it was brill. that evening we ate in a place on hihgway 27 called the shamrock,it was awful,to be avoided. nxt day we headed to universal around lunchtime. IOA was full to capacity so we went into universal studios. had a great day,didn't do rip ride rocket,hubby and son did and its now they're favourite just beating sheikra. tonight ate in black angus on 192 and have to say it was a lovely meal.back to sea world again today and we had another great day,it was new years eve and not too busy during the day. we weren't staying for the evening and as we were leaving it was getting busy. we had our meal in a place called mannys chop house on highway 27 in haines city. oh my god,it was lovely. in manchester airport where the guys are selling tickets for sports cars one of the guys reccomened it to us. i would have to say its well worth a visit. its like a big diner,very busy and noisy,nothing fancy but lovely food and so cheap. we were back in the villa for 9ish. we saw a great firework display from balcony around 10pm,it was magical. we rang in the new year in jacuzzi with a bottle of bubbly. next day the boys went to play golf in highlands reserve,they didn't rate it much. they were reccomended it by a man in edwin watts who thought it would be best for the kids. i went to MK with sister and niece and we had a lovely day. took a couple of days off from parks and just relaxed in villa and went shopping a few days.i noticed some of the stores seemed to be a lot more exspensive but also some were so cheap.overall we bought a lot of stuff and were delighted with it all. its a girls heaven.we went to hollywood studios and eventually saw fantasmic,it was great. spent a day in busch gardens and as usual it was brill one of our fev parks. we ate in charleys on 192 on our last night,and how dissapointed we were, we have tried a few times the 1 on i drive but never been able to get a table,and have made a reservtion once bit couldn't keep it.. so this time we made reservation for our last night,and all i can say is how sorry we were. the place smelt real bad as soon as we walked in. the steaks were over sesoned,over smoked and in general over priced and over rated. won't be going back. i forgot to add we stayed in hard rock on 3rd jan for 1 night,purely for fast pass. i have to say we have stayed in royal pacific on our last visits and i much prefer it. i thought it was a nicer hotel. as usual we found the services offered by the people,there good manners and efforts to make our visits great were exceptioal,from staff in walmart to the staff in parks restaurants etc. i don't usually feel down in the dumps after a holiday'i'm a realist and i know life gets back to normal.however this time i feel like crying. it was the best holiday i've had andplease god i will get to go back to all you lucky people who have still to visit i really envy you.sorry it was long!

pa
Level Contributor
53,897 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: just back

Welcome Back, sorry it's over, try not to cry.

Thanks for sharing your Holiday :)

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back

Nice read thank you.....i felt like crying when i came back but hey ho we are of again in May so soon comes round.

Leicester
Level Contributor
306 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back

Great report, love reading other peoples holidays. We shall be going for the 6th time and our daughters will be 21 and 19. Never too old to go so start dreaming about your next trip to magical Florida.

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Great TR!

I know what you mean about a villa, we would not stay in a hotel again!

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just back

your post has cheered me up but not beacause you are sad may I add. I to was like yourself and really did not want to come home after 3 weeks of heaven. On the up side we are now planning for going back next year for trip number 4. It has spolit us and we would rather go every 2 years for a 3 week stay and have a fab holiday. It sounds like you have had a wonderful holiday and we went into an apartment last holiday and again like yourselves would not go back to a hotel if someone payed me. Heres to the planning of holdays to come x

6. Re: just back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 09:17