We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parks require Identification?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Parks require Identification?

Hi all,

This is the first time to Disney for us, do we require identification to enter the following Parks?

Disneyworld (we have tickets purchased online)

Typhoon Lagoon (no tickets yet)

Universal/ Island of Adventure (no tickets yet)

Photo Id I presume? Passports?

I have and expired Drivers License with photo will that work?

Can we take just photo copies of Passports as I feel a little uncomfortable taking our passports everywhere?

Thanks for any information, just trying to be prepared as we only have 6 days to do these three.

Barb

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parks require Identification?

Disney doesn't REQUIRE any ID to enter its parks. If you have a multi-day ticket, however, it will be to your own advantage to have photo ID with you in case there are any foul-ups with the tickkets.

But no, guests entering Disney parks are not asked to show ID ... you stick your ticket into the turnstile and retrieve it and then you go about your business.

Typhoon Lagoon is a part of Walt Disney World, it's not a separate entity. Disney World is comprised of four theme parks, two water parks, Downtown Disney (a shopping, dining and entertainment area), a few other things, and 27 resort hotels.

Edited: 15 January 2011, 12:47
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parks require Identification?

I generally just take copies of passports.

Sometimes supermarkets/petrol stations ask for photo ID if you are using a credit card.

I've never been asked in Parks, but I assume Parks have the right to ask for proof of age (copy of passport etc) if they believed a child looked blatantly over the age limit, or at Discovery Cove that has some specific age restrictions on swimming with Dolphins.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parks require Identification?

Thats what they say but ive never been asked for id yet, dont see why they would if you have a valid ticket.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parks require Identification?

I am asked for ID all the time. Every time I order an adult beverage ;-)

You will need ID if picking up tickets at the gates for sure. and they do ask if you have a prob with your fingerprints after first use (I have seen this happen while in line).

Edited: 15 January 2011, 15:13
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parks require Identification?

You won't need ID to enter the parks unless you buy florida resident tickets or have prepaid and are picking the tickets up at the "Will Call" window. Otherwise,you will only need ID if you order an alcoholic drink-so if you want to have a cocktail with dinner,carry your passport or a drivers license(they card everyone-I am well past middle age and they always ask for ID when I order wine)

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parks require Identification?

I always carry a photocopy of our passports with us - needed to pick up pre paid tickets, odd cc transactions or buying alcohol.

Lou73

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parks require Identification?

Do they accept photocopies of passports, driving licesnes? I would of though they'd want to see the real thing? A photocopy could easy be fraudalent.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parks require Identification?

Thanks everybody, I guess we will just take photo copies and driver's licences (even though mine is expired) as I really don't want to take my actual passport. If they turn me down for ordering a drink at my age (47) I will just have to be flattered....but dry...lol. Ok thank for the help. Lots to think about in these last few days before we go.

I appreciate the help.

Barb

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parks require Identification?

A copy of a license or passport will not be accepted when you are buying alcohol-you have to have the government issued piece of ID

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parks require Identification?

Barbie, when do you go, we get there Thursday!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

A Driving Licence will be fine! We have ID cards so never been an issue!