We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What will I need to take to the parks?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
793 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What will I need to take to the parks?

This will be our first visit to disney and on holiday I'm usually destined to be the "bag lady" carrying all our bits n bobs in either my handbag for sight seeing or a beach bag.

Having never been to disney, other than the camera, money and any usual bit n bobs us girlies carry in the "mary poppins" handbag what sort of things will I need for taking into the parks? I'm a bit concerned where to put a bag when going on the rides too esp if I need ID along with the entrance ticket, not sure I fancy anyone running off with my passport. And as for water rides (I hate getting soaked through and walking about soggy) is is silly to take a spare vest & shorts? Goodness reading this back I'm such a drama queen lol.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,643 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

We always take a small back pack and that seems to work well. Things I would take apart from the girly bits include a small towel or flannel to dry off after a water ride if it isn't hot, suntan lotion and a cardi or jacket in case it gets cold in the evening. We also take kagouls for the water rides and a strong plastic bag to put all the wet things in. Some rides have lockers at the start that you can leave your bag in but you can take it with you on some rides if it is small enough. We also either wear water shoes or take them with us for the wet rides! Sounds a lot but we usually manage with the one small bag.

If you have a new photocard driving license you could take that to the parks as I.D. instead of your passport.

Have a great holiday.

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

You can take your backpack on all the rides at DIsney. Try and take as little as you can. even a fanny pack will hold the park tickets, camera and a bit of money, what else do you really need ? :)

Just a note, Universal Parks are alot harder, Most of the rides there require you to put your bags in a locker, we try and take nothing in with us unless it fits in our pockets

Glasgow
Level Contributor
793 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

Thanks. I've no idea what i'd have needed in the parks hence asking. Do you buy refillable cups in the park? I'd not want to have to carry these if empty so a small lightweight backpack would be idea I suppose. Do your feet get soaked on water rides? I'm planning on comfy sneakers for wearing, they'll be horrible if they get soggy.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

Hi I have a question about the Photo ID, Is it need to be shown at all the parks for entrance ?.

Thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,759 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

Unless you have a problem with the finger scan they won't ask for an I.D. A drivers license will be fine.

There are only a few water rides at the Disney parks so I wouldn't bring a towel or worry about soggy shoes. The ones that I can think of are Splash Mountain at the Mk and the one at Animal Kingdom (can't think of the name right now as I don't usually ride it).

The only thing I carry is a camera. If you find you need something you can always get it at the park or go back to the hotel if it's something you don't really wish to purchase like a jacket or something.

Donna

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

tbh I find that even if you get soaked on the water rides its so hot that u dont take long to dry out and its quite cooling :) I take a small hand held fan in my bag to the parks as it can get soooooooooo hot especially when queing for rides. we usually buy a re-fill cup as they are such good value and u can use the same one for the whole of your holiday. The straw bends over on itself creating a loop so u can attatch it to the strap on a bag when its empty.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,769 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

Don't bring your handbag. Just bring: ticket, money/ccard, ID, water (i bring one frozen wrapped in a hand towel), sunscreen and bandaids, maybe a phone or small camera plus maybe a few small snacks.

All in one small backpack that one of you can hand off to another person in your gourp or easily fit into the area for bags on a ride. Have a small ziplock inside to put phones, cameras or Ipods in in case you go on a water ride.

Leicester
Level Contributor
306 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

Don't worry about getting wet on the rides, either buy a plastic rain poncho from the park you are at which you can keep as a souvenir. If you are on a budget, buy one from Walmart, these are cheap and screw up quite small to fit in a rucksack. You might get fed up of eating at the parks so we sometimes take food in with us. Know this is not everyones cup of tea but saves you money and eating the same thing.

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

I take a back pack I roll up spare shorts tshirt and knickers! Tend to only change if wet before getting in the car or if it's not very warm! Rolling clothes saves space! I also carry purse, camera, few snacks and a bottle of frozen water. Oh and a zip lock bag to keep purse & camera dry! And a flannel! Not heavy at all! Don't carry your passport, make a couple of photocopies and if you don't have photo driving license take a copy of your passport!

10. Re: What will I need to take to the parks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 10:24