We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook flights to Florida

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook flights to Florida

We've booked to fly out to Orlando with Thomas Cook on one of their charter flights in April.

I've read conflicting reports regarding the in-flight entertainment on their flights, as in they've got rid of it on flights under 7 hours.

Can anyone confirm this is still included on long-haul flights, or am I going to have to find a DVD player with a very long extention cord?

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

This was posted on 'hotukdeals' - hope it helps to clarify the situation. I haven't heard anything about TC removing the IFE - sounds like a recipe for disaster since the only other thing for passengers to do will be to drink!

Quote: "I work for thomas cook as cabin crew , We have taken out the IFE (Inflight entertainment ) on all the short haul aircraft ... As for thomas cook removing all IFE on long haul I havent heard anything about this and I cant see it happening but i apologise if you know something i dont."

Bradford
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

Thanks for that.

There was mention on one of the sites I'd read that Thomas Cook were 'renting' Sony PSP's to passengers on flights that had the IFE removed, at £7.50 a shot, with a selection of games and films pre-loaded.

They'll be charging for sitting down, and going to the loo's next!

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
668 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

I looked at Thomas Cook flighs and they seem to have 2 different flights operationg. It appeared the charter flights (cheaper) had the planes with 29 inch pitch seat and no seat back entertainment. The schedule flights had the 33 inch pitch seat and seat back entertainment. It did put me off booking the charter flight although it was cheaper by quite a bit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

I'm flying TC in April too...LGW to Sanford...and I've been searching for info too...doesnt seem to be any concrete info on their flights...seat pitch or inflight entertainment.

My return flight is definitely 29" pitch as advised by TC call centre, so we upgraded to Premium Cabin(TC are only doing Premium cabin upgrades until 30/4/2011).

However other posters on here have said the flights with 29" pitch dont have a Premium cabin or inflight entertainment...it's all so confusing isnt it!!!

Edited: 18 January 2011, 17:25
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

Hi,

We fly on the 30th April from Glasgow to Sanford, and we have been told that we are on the 29" leg room Airbus, which also means no IFE, so have to bring your own IFE.

Coming back we are in the "normal" long haul plane 33" leg room and seat back IFE.

Bradford
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

So, on the 29" seats there's no IFE, or just no seat-back screens?

I know some flights I've been on don't have the seat-back screens but have the ones above you, spaced down the plane so you can watch them.

Can't really see how they can do a long-haul flight, restrict you to 5KGS hand luggage, but also expect you to bring enough along to keep you amused for 9+ hours, unless they want you to pay for either the hand-held entertainment units, or the extra luggage charges.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

We flew Thomas Cook last spring and there were no seat-back screens. They had screens overhead a few seats in front though as I recall. However, I just packed my pillow, slept and read because the jack for the headphones on my seat was really horrible and crackled!

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

All airlines have been looking at this for a while . (Free in flight entertainment) so dont be surprised if others use this to cut costs.

This may well only be a film or two to you but its very expensive for airline to provide for free . System's, maintenance , and entertainment licenses probably cost them more than the in flight meals they provide.

If you want this facility be prepared to pay extra for it.

Bradford
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

Received our Thomas Cook confirmation over the weekend, with the flight details.

We've a A330, with the 29" pitch, on the way out and a A330, with the 33" pitch, on the way back.

So, going by previous posts, answers etc, that means we'll probably have no seat-back screens on the way out, just the above-seat screens, and 'should' have the seat-back ones back to the UK?

staffordshsire
Level Contributor
90 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook flights to Florida

We are flying from manchester to Sanford on 29th April. They explained at time of booking that it would be one of the older planes, i.e. 29" leg room on way out and 33" on way back.

Was the same when I flew to Cuba a few months ago. It wasn't a problem so think the savings are worth it.