We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Hotel off Disney Property?

Nj
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Hotel off Disney Property?

My DH is making me crazy and I am going to hit a record here maybe for posting so much! LOL! First he wants me to check out the hotels on Disney Property and then says let's also check off property and compare, but I dont think we will get airport transfers from other hotels right? Anyway, let me have some of your favorites.. :)

Thanks (again) and (again)

Marie

pa
Level Contributor
54,384 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Hotel off Disney Property?

No free transport to and from other Off Property Hotels :(

You can get a Taxi or Shutlle www.mearstransportation.com or use a Limo service www.tiffanytowncars.com www.happylimo.com

Sorry I don't have a favourite Hotel in Orlando, I only stay at Disney Resorts when visiting ( or with a relative if I have to go visit them lol )

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Hotel off Disney Property?

If you are going to spend time at Universal, you could choose to stay part of your trip at one of the Universal hotels. They are all nice, although the Portofino Bay is the nicest (and generally the priciest). However, as partypa indicated, if you aren't planning on going anywhere but Disney, I think you are much better off staying at a Disney resort, particularly since they are running pretty good room rate promotions now.

wigan UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Hotel off Disney Property?

Last time we went was oct 2009 and we stopped at quality inn plaza on idrive which i now believe is call rosen inn at pointe orlando. very clean rooms, comfy beds, close to shops and restaurants, across the road from Wonderworks and the I Ride stop is at the front of the hotel we are booking to go back there next year very good location. ive heard a lot of people on here talk about the homewood suites but ive never stopped there.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
442 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Hotel off Disney Property?

The Marriott World Center is right outside the front gates to Disney. I have stayed here a couple times. There is the regular hotel, and then there are the marriott vacation club villas that are also available if you have a need for multiple bedrooms. the villas also come with a kitcheen. The palm villas and imperial palm villas are the best. There is also the Sabal Palms. The villas have all of their own pools, but you can also use all the ammenaties at the main hotel. The pool is amazing. The hotel is on a beutiful golf course if anyone is interested. Thet do have shuttles from the hotel to the park, but i think there is a cost for that. I want to say $10 per day. Dont quote me on that. I am not sure about transportation to airport.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,343 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Hotel off Disney Property?

We like the Downtown disney Hotels,especially the Hilton nd Holiday Inn. We also like the Staybrdige suites LBV and the Residence Inn LBV.You don't get the Magical Express unless you are staying at a Disney hotel but it is not free-it is included in your room ratae which is usually a whole lot more than a non disney hotel

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Hotel off Disney Property?

The Radisson Lake Buena Vista would be a good choice. It was extensively remodeled (inside and out) in 2007 and reopened in 2008. The hotel has an outdoor pool and free scheduled shuttle service to Disney and Universal. The shuttle schedule is posted on the hotel's website (see link below).

radisson.com/orlando-hotel-fl-32836/fllabuvi

7. Re: Favorite Hotel off Disney Property?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 16:24