We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which disney hotel/room type will give view of fireworks

NJ
Level Contributor
152 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which disney hotel/room type will give view of fireworks

I am looking to book a trip for end of June begining of July. Does anyone know which resorts and room types would let us view fireworks from our room. I was assuming any roon with a theme park view but would hate to be disappointed.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
pa
Level Contributor
54,491 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which disney hotel/room type will give view of fireworks

The Top 4 Resorts would be

Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian ( the 3 Monorail Resorts ) and Wilderness Lodge ( in the Magic Kingdom Area but not on the Monorail ) You would indeed need to book a Theme Park View, which is one of the most expensive of course

You Can View the Fireworks from many locations other than your room and to be honest, even when we have had a Theme Park View, it has been by chance that we have been IN the room to see them. We rather enjoy being in the Park or out on the Beach at the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge to view them

Here is the Disney World Map to give you an idea of where all the Resorts are located

www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm

and here is the Resort Info

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/resortmain.htm

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which disney hotel/room type will give view of fireworks

It really depends on what view of the fireworks at the parks you want for an uninterupted guaranteed view one of the monorail resorts but we have have had a great view from Pop Century but I would imagine which room you were allocated -we were on the top floor at the time

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which disney hotel/room type will give view of fireworks

The Dolphin has rooms with a view of Epcot's fireworks. (You can't see all of them, but you can see quite a few, depending on how high your room is.) You would need to book a room specifically designated as having that view - and of course those are the more expensive rooms.

From rooms on the other side of the Dolphin, you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the higher floors, but they are much further away. Those rooms would not have balconies, and otherwise have less desireable views.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which disney hotel/room type will give view of fireworks

A theme park view, at the monorail resorts, will give you the best view. For us, it is more magical to be in the public areas of these resorts, where the music is piped in, during the fireworks show. If you want both the view and the music, you can book Main Building Concierge Magic Kingdom View, at the Grand Floridian. You will hear the music and have a front and center view of the fireworks over Cinderella Castle, from your balcony. (quite a price) Everyone can get the same view and music from the patio, below.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which disney hotel/room type will give view of fireworks

A few of the Boardwalk hotels will be able to see bits and pieces of the Epcot fireworks as well. But like another poster said, you can't see them all, since most of them happen at lake level.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for Theme Park View just to see the fireworks (unless, maybe, I was at an Epcot resort, since you can't see those ones from anything lower than the top floors). I'd much rather save a bit, and if I happened to be at the resort when fireworks were happening (which never happens for us), I'd go to one of the common areas to see them.

6. Re: Which disney hotel/room type will give view of fireworks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 06:17