We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One park to another

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
One park to another

We are leaving Sunday for 18 days in Orlando. We haven't been there since 1992 so expect to see a lot of changes. We don't remember a lot from that visit.

If we choose to do the AK first do we still have to enter the park through the main gate or does each park have it's own entrance? We are staying at the Blue Heron Beach Resort and I understand it is not far to the gate but travel time can be quite long because of traffic.

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One park to another

Each of the 4 Disney Parks has it's own entrance, own Parking Lot. Disney Property is 47 square miles of fun

Here is the Disney World Property Map

www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm

There have been alot of changes since 1992, Enjoy

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,750 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One park to another

From Blue Heron to Animal Kingdom turn right out of the hotel and get in the left lane to turn left onto I-4 West towards Tampa. Use exit 65 and follow signs. The following map of Disney may be more practical for driving bferryhomes.com/xSites/…20Map.pdf

As a point of reference, Blue Heron is at the right center of the page on 535 just under the blue lake labeled Little Lake Bryan.

I'd allow 15 minutes for driving to be safe, but longer to allow for getting from your car up to the turnstiles (you'll have to walk or take the parking tram).

There are several road entrances to Disney, then each park has its own parking lot and park entrance.

I would use exit 67 for the other 3 Disney parks.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One park to another

We will likely try the shuttle from Blue Heron but not sure if we will like being tied to their schedule. If we do take the shuttle does it go to all entrances or only to one of them?

Thanks for the replies.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One park to another

I know last time we stayed off-World, the hotel shuttle only went to the TTC (Ticketing and Transportation Centre) at Magic Kingdom, then you used Disney Transport from there.

5. Re: One park to another

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 06:18