We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Whispering Canyon Cafe?

iberostar paraiso...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Whispering Canyon Cafe?

Hi all,

Can't decide... Was planning on doing both during the course of my week, but am thinking that it may be barbeque overkill. I'm trying to decide which I should do for my arrival dinner at Wilderness Lodge. It will be myself, my husband and my two kids who will be 5 and 2.

I hear that the show is fun, but I'm thinking my kids may be too young and that it may be more fun with a bigger group. What do you think I'd be better off doing?

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Whispering Canyon Cafe?

I've never done Hoop Dee Doo, but Whispering Canyon is our favorite. It's highly interactive, and the kids always have a blast. Since it's your day of arrival, and you're staying at the Lodge, I'd recommend you do Whispering Canyon - don't try to do too much on the first day, and there are PLENTY of things to keep you occupied at WL.

Mentioned in this post
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
2,207 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,639 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Whispering Canyon Cafe?

We've done both and I liked Whispering Canyon better. They were both a lot of fun (and the food was very good), but Whispering Canyon was more fun. Maybe it had something to do with my sister-in-law being made to ride a stick pony around the entire restaurant because it was her birthday. lol

Mentioned in this post
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
2,207 Reviews
Orlando, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,829 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Whispering Canyon Cafe?

I vote for Whispering Canyon. The Kids will have fun and you'll have some very yummy food :)

Mentioned in this post
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
2,207 Reviews
Orlando, FL
North West England
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Whispering Canyon Cafe?

I am 50,never done Whispering Canyon but have done Hoop twice,loved it each time,food was good and plenty of it.

Mentioned in this post
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
2,207 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,859 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Whispering Canyon Cafe?

continue with your plan to do both. no bbq overkill.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Whispering Canyon Cafe?

We've tried both and I think that Whispering Canyon would be better for your arrival dinner. It's more convenient, since Hoop de Doo would involve a little journey and your children may be tired after travelling - being on site is just easier. Also, the food at WC has the edge over Hoop de Doo partly because it's not served on such a big-scale/production-line system.

WC will also be great fun for your kids at their age, whereas ours were a bit older and found the humour too patronising and childish. Teenagers don't appreciate getting so much attention from the servers, whereas little ones will feel special and excited! Our teenage son hated being the centre of attention and went to hide in the restrooms!

Mentioned in this post
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
2,207 Reviews
Orlando, FL
7. Re: Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Whispering Canyon Cafe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 01:18