We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you rememeber your first time.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Do you rememeber your first time.

Just thinking about our past years in orlando and how many good memories we have, It doesnt seem 5 mins since we first went. The new memories we will make, and the fact I dont think I will grow out of this addiction.So can you rememeber your first time and how was it.

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

April-May '98 was my first time. Group of 5 of us went out as one of us owned a Villa in BVL.

Biggest single memory is of one of our group got pulled from the audience in the Xena/Hercules show in US (?), to be made into a Centaur poor guy was pretty embarressed. Anyway the Audience had to 'Salute' the Centaurs by beating thier chest then shouting 'You Rock'. When we got outside the other 4 of us turn round to him and 'Saluted' him but followed it with 'You Suck', which we still do to this day. lol

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

1981, we went to Miami, our first holiday together :) The bartender at our hotel convinced us to drive up to Disney for a couple of nights, I had never even heard of Disneyworld, well we have never looked back :) It was only the MK then, EPCOT opened shortly after, it was the best thing we ever did and Martin (the bartender) thankyou so much for introducing us to Disney :)

See even back then I always made friends with the bartenders, no change there then !!! ha ha ha!!!!!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

Just remembered something about 'back in the day' does anyone remember Pooh bear back then, he was much shorter and had a honeypot on top of his head!!!!

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

Ahhhhh it was May 1999 for our honeymoon :)

Thanks for reminding me about our first time :)

Now we go with our son (will be 9 in a couple of weeks) and the magic is even better.

New York
Level Contributor
924 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

April 2007!

It was our first time going away as a couple, and my first time going to disney...we had a BLAST, and without this website, I would not have known half of what I did!!

Leicester
Level Contributor
306 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

We first went in 2000. First time in a villa, so much space and mod cons. When you have never visited a theme park in Florida, everything is so new and exciting. You go on a ride and don't quite know what to expect. Must admit when we went on alien with 8 and 10 year old daughters, it was certainly scarier than we had imagined. One poor child (not with us) was pretty traumatised by the whole experience. Going back in September and will get to experience Aquatica for the first time and Harry Potter at Islands so really looking forward to something new.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

Great replys people funny and ahh so nice. Its funny but i hadnt heard id disney unitl we went to dlp in 2000, we went there 3 times before we discovered orlando, same here never comepares to anywhere else. I rememeber the first time I stood and saw wishes. it brought tears to my eyes, MAGIC.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

Yes!! - My first time was in Spring of 1972. I remember the drive in with the welcome sign. I remember being disappointed in not seeing the castle because they had shown it repeatedly on the Wonderful World of Disney. I remember my Father asking if we wanted to take the boat or the monorail to the Park. We took the ferry, disembarked, bought tickets (remember A,B,C,D and E attractions?) went through the opening and THERE IT WAS!!!!

The Magic Kingdom was a lot smaller back then. On the way out, we took the monorail. What a thrill!! I remember going by the Polynesian and vowing that some day I would stay there, a dream that was finally realized in 2010.

Great post DurhamHazey!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,697 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

My first time was as a kid in 1973. Only the MK then, and I remember the monorail ride- it was magic.

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you rememeber your first time.

Nice thread DurhamHazey

2003 - It was a dream come true. DH and I had just tied the knot the previous year and took our two dear sons then 6 and 7.

I had always dreamed of seeing the MK since my parents won an adults only trip in 1980 leaving 10 year old me behind :(

When I got my first glimpse of the castle from the boat tears were streaming down my cheeks! - and every other time since :)