We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esta Question

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Esta Question

I have checked the Esta form for myself and my family and our Esta expires begining of June this year. We are going to Florida this Easter so I am presuming we are still covered for this trip.

The reason I ask is that you have to have 6 months left on your passport to enter the USA and I just wanted to check that there was not any expirery on your Esta.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Esta Question

You will be fine. Esta is valid for two years from the start date.

Bristol
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Esta Question

So just to clarify,having two months left when you enter USA is totally cool

(sorry if I am panicking unnecessarily but would hate to be turned away over something that I could have re done)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Esta Question

as long as the ESTA is valid on the day tou enter the USA you are OK

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,953 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Esta Question

Yes. ESTA is your permission to fly to the USA. Therefore you need only be concerned that it is still current/valid on the date of your outward flight.

Bristol
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Esta Question

Thank you all

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Esta Question

Worried about this myself on our Deember holiday, as the kids only had a couple of weeks left on theirs. As evrybody says...you will be fine with that :-)

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Esta Question

Obviously you will only be granted entrance to the US for the time remaining on the passports and not the full 90 days one usually gets under the visa waiver program.

London
Level Contributor
189 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Esta Question

Regarding the passort being valid for six months please note that citizens of the countries listed in the attached "Six Month Club" are exempt from the passport six-month rule and need only have a passport valid for their intended period of stay. The UK is on the list. The link is from the US Dept of Homeland Security.

cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/inspections_…

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Esta Question

The 6 month rule is enforced by your airline to CTA. not the Us govt. BA has no problem if your passport is up somnmer than 6 mos, as long as it covers the period you will be in the USA.

Kent uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Esta Question

Had an email saying my esta was up for renewal when I checked them they are still valid until November and I'm going in September.Also when we went in 2009 2 of my children only had a month left on their passports on return and this was not a problem!!