We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time share to stay in..? Close to Disney..Clean..Quiet

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
What time share to stay in..? Close to Disney..Clean..Quiet

We were planning a week visit to Disney World. We are 50+ and daughter 14 yrs...I am exchanging for a timeshare there and do not have access to a Disney property..... unfortunately as that would be the ultimate.... We do however have Marriott and West gate and Sheraton properties etc... through Interval..We would prefer to be walking distance to Disney but it is very confusing on the Interval site to determine what is close and what is not too noisy what is clean, convenient to eating shopping for food etc...Any help would be most welcome..thank you!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,050 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What time share to stay in..? Close to Disney..Clean..Quiet

teacupmama, Disney is HUGE. With the exception of the Contemporary hotel/Magic Kingdom and the Boardwalk area hotels/EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, not even Disney properties are walkable to Disney. It is over 40 square miles. It sounds like you have access to some very nice accommodations, but you will need to rent a car. I'd suggest Marriott or Sheraton over Westgate.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,317 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time share to stay in..? Close to Disney..Clean..Quiet

I don't knwo what TS companies are related to each other, but I like Cypress Pointe resort and Wyndam Bonnet Creek as they are close to DTD.

When looking at the pictures, I always thing the Marriotts look lovely but haven't stayed at any.

You do need to check the exact location of any resort if will be relying on public transport as some are not suitable if you don't have a car. If you will have a car, then you can stay at any of them.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What time share to stay in..? Close to Disney..Clean..Quiet

We stayed at westgate blue tree through interval last year. It wasn't in walking distance but not too far. We used our hire car to get everywhere so I don't know what the public transport is like there.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What time share to stay in..? Close to Disney..Clean..Quiet

Hiya Teacupmama~~~~~~I don't have any timeshare info,but want to ditto what 1031 told you.

It's hard to imagine the size of the Disneyworld Resort area. It really is more of a small town.They even have their own highway system. Sometimes I suggest that new visitors go to Google Map and type in 'Disneyworld'....go to some of the locations that pop up,and have a good look around. (I like to pretend I'm on a magic carpet,but I'm a bit of a mental case when it comes to Disney) :=))

People do ok with hotel shuttles,buses and cabs,but a car rental would really be a help,if it's in your budget. Have fun planning,and ask more questions on here,and the Orlando Forum as well. We'll "be here" for you!! :+))

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What time share to stay in..? Close to Disney..Clean..Quiet

Thanks so much that does give me a bit of perspective..We are SoCal residents so I am very familiar with the Anaheim Disney..One of my friends who is a Disney girl like me...LOL..We are over 40..but still love the atmosphere was so overwhelmed by Disney world said she would just be content going to ours and forget about the Florida Disney World..But I have heard so much hype about Epcot wanted to give it a go...thanks for the heads up and the encouragement..one day we will get there..I hope.

6. Re: What time share to stay in..? Close to Disney..Clean..Quiet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 22:16