We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Orleans boat schedule

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Port Orleans boat schedule

I know the Port Orleans boats to Downtown Disney run only every half hour before 4PM. I'm wondering if there is a set schedule (like on the hour and half past the hour) from POR and POFQ? Since buses run more regularly, if we had the schedule, we could determine which is the better way to go if time is short.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Orleans boat schedule

As far as I know there isnt a set schedule. I thought they were every 20 minutes during the day then every 10 minutes in the evening..although I could be mistaken..

When we were there last year sometimes two boats came in within minutes of each other on more than one occasion.. I dont think we ever waited more than 10 minutes for a boat at any time and we did go to DTD quite a few times.

Edited: 19 February 2011, 12:21
brighton, england
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Orleans boat schedule

We have just got back from POR and the boats were much easier and much more pleasant to use than the buses. There nearly always seemed to be one waiting or just about to arrive. The trip takes about 25minutes. If they are empty the do wait a bit at the port but if full they keep going asap. There isn't a fixed shedule. Only downside is they do halt the service if the weather is bad or if a storm is predicted soon even if the weather is ok currently. However both ports at DTD and POR are only a minutes walk from the bus stops so easy to change your mind.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Orleans boat schedule

We really would like to take the boat - it sounds nice! I just didn't want to make the kids stand around for up to 30 minutes waiting for it. It sounds like that won't happen...thanks!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
683 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Orleans boat schedule

Just curious, if the boat takes about 25 mins, how long does the bus take?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port Orleans boat schedule

I only got the bus to DTD from POR once...prefer the boat...but think it took about 10 minutes once the bus had picked up at all the stops at POR.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port Orleans boat schedule

Does the boat make multiple stops too? Or are there separate boats that go to Old Key West and Dixie Landing resorts?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Port Orleans boat schedule

The boat to DTD stops at POR Riverside 1st then calls in at POR French Q then straight to DTD Marketplace..Then on return it stopped at French Q first then on to Riverside. When I was there if you wanted to go to Pleasure island area of DTD you had to get the river taxi from Market place or bus from bus stops just behind Earl of Sandwich.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Port Orleans boat schedule

The bus is probably quicker, but the boat is much more pleasant. Not that the bus is UNpleasant, it's justthat the boat ride is nice.

If you see a long line for the boat, ESPECIALLY if you're at POFQ, then the bus will almost definitely be quicker. The boat starts at POR, and then goes to POFQ before going to Downtown Disney. If a lot of people get on at POR, then not all of the people in the long line at POFQ will be able to get on and they'll have to wait for the next one. By contrast, the buses from POR/POFQ to DTD are hardly ever full.

Also, the boats don't run if it's raining.

The buses start running just between the two PO resorts around 9:00 a.m. They don't start running to DTD until about 11:00 a.m. Also, the last boat back to the PO resorts from DTD leaves DTD not later than 11 p.m.

9. Re: Port Orleans boat schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 11:16