We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Pass in use/not in use for rides

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Pass in use/not in use for rides

I know some rides offer Fast Passes year-round, but others only offer it "seasonally". Is there a way to find out which FP's will be in use before arriving?

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Pass in use/not in use for rides

i believe that fast passes are always available except when it is really quiet and queues are 5-10mins.

Sometimes if you arrive first thing they havent opened them up yet and dont until it crowded. I think its done on a day basis fi there is no need for it.

Of course there is always the chance that the fast passes have all been dished out before you get there..that happens too.

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Pass in use/not in use for rides

No

They open and close them depending on Crowd Levels really.

I don't think you need to worry, if a Ride isn't offering a Fast Pass for the day, that's a good thing, it means crowd levels are lower and you won't be waiting long. Try not to base what Rides you are going on inadvance, there are alot of factors invloved and you really need To Be There and check the Wait Times Board and base your plan on that, IMHO.

and yes, there are some rides that Will have FP but may already be gone for the day by noon or earlier ( Toy Story Midway Mania, Soarin' are two that come to mind :)

Edited: 20 February 2011, 14:51
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast Pass in use/not in use for rides

Thank you!

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
637 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast Pass in use/not in use for rides

When will one know if a Fast Pass is not being offered for a ride on a particular day? Will info on Fast Passes be posted at the entrance, or will I not find out until I get to the actual ride - passing by other things I may have stopped and done?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast Pass in use/not in use for rides

Good question, HMin, and I thought of another one. If a ride that is issuing FP's is out of FP's for the day (the ones that run out, like Soarin'), is there a way to know this? Is it posted on the Tip Boards or elsewhere? Or do you just have to go to the ride to find out?

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast Pass in use/not in use for rides

There are some Smart Phone apps that do wait times (the Touring Plans one springs to mind, but there are free ones as well). Most of these show the Wait Time, and the Fast Pass Return Time. Most of these will tell you if the Fast Passes for a specific ride are gone for the day or not - looking at User Uploaded times on the Touring Plans app, as of 1min ago, Toy Story Mania is gone.

Hope that might help.

7. Re: Fast Pass in use/not in use for rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 07:16