We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not go to disney

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
1 review
Save Topic
not go to disney

would you ever consider going to orlando and not visitin disney

well i did it a couple of years ago and it was a Big mistake .

for me it really didn't feel like we had been to orlando when we got home .

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: not go to disney

In a word, no. If we are not going to do Disney we go somewhere else in the USA or Canada, The only reason we go to Florida is to do the parks and the shopping. Florida is not the most picturesque state (sorry all you Florida folks) there are must nicer places to visit. IMO, New England, Smoky Mountains, etc.

pa
Level Contributor
54,317 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: not go to disney

The only reason we go, is to go to Disney

Orlando is a big dirty City, filled with Highways, Chain Restaurants, Chain Hotels and shops. I can travel to many other Cities that have all the same and that are alot closer, if I wanted to. There isn't anything Special there besides Disney, IMHO of course

We head straight to Disney, we need that Fantasy, need that escape, don't want to be out and about IN Orlando at all. I want to be taken care of and Disney always delivers

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: not go to disney

You do make me giggle partypa :)

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: not go to disney

I couldn't imagine not going to Disney while in Orlando. I don't retreat into quite the 'bubble' that partypa does :-) since I stay off-World now and then to go to Universal, Sea World and a few other local places, but I do enjoy being wrapped in the Disney cocoon when I'm there.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,976 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: not go to disney

Yes, we won't be visiting Disney this year, doing US/IoA instead but our holidays aren't ever based around the parks.

We plan to watch golf at Bay Hill (Armold Palmer Invitational) go to KSC never been yet, play a bit of golf, relax a lot by the pool, shopping of course but not lots this year and just have a great 3 weeks holiday.

I've said before this is our last Florida holiday but we do really love the USA still deciding where to go next but in the meantime roll on 21st March!!!

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: not go to disney

sorry to be the black sheep of the TA family but we are not doing disney at all this time :/

We lurve Universal, all 3 of us just prefer it to Disney. We are doing other stuff too just not DW.

All down to personal choice I guess :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,934 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: not go to disney

I have been several times and not gone to a disney park- but most times we do.

But, I at least go to DTD for a touch of Disney fun and frolics or to a rsort for a meal. If I wanted to play golf and shop (and no susie- this isn;t meant for you ;-) I would go to Florida but not to Orlando. I would only go to Orlando if I wanted to do some of the other orlando type things such as US/IOA or visit family i have there. Otherwise. you would find me much nearer to the sea- East or West coast or the Keys.

To go all that way for 14 days and not go to a Disney resort for lunch or dinner or not go to DTD at the very least is well, unfathomable to me. There are so many other Us cities that have sun, golf and a few theme parks here or there that to go to Orlando and not do Disney at all doens't make a whole lot of sense to me.

But it takes all sorts and everyone has their own idea of a perfect holiday. Mine is mostly beach/sea based.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: not go to disney

I am not a golfer but have been to Hilton Head (Disney hotel lol! ) and it is fabulous for golfers, really stunning courses and a fantastic area.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,934 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: not go to disney

I have been there and To Kiwah Island (again- grate golf lol) but not styed in a Disney hotel there.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: not go to disney

Oh you should partypa it's a lovely hotel, part of the DVC :) They have a very nice beach club too with a great pool and private beach, fabulous!!!