We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Line Etiquette

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mechanicville. NY
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Line Etiquette

Planning to send the family to get on line for Test Track while I rush over to FastPass Soarin (or vice-versa). Can I then jon them in line or is that not allowed or considered rude? Thanks.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Line Etiquette

It's considered rude! Get them to wait for you just outside Test Track and all enter together.

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Line Etiquette

I agree. You'd probably get away with it but it's considered 'bad form' and you could have the misfortune of pushing past someone who really objected and decided to challenge you! People get a bit short-tempered sometimes when they have to wait in a long line with young children, as I 'm sure you appreciate!

You could always use the 'single riders' line at TT. This moves very quickly and you'll often end up sitting next to your family or friends anyway, if two or more seats are available in a car when you reach the head of the line.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Line Etiquette

Just on this theme, does the same go if you need to jump out to use the bathroom?

Just curious?

:0)

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Line Etiquette

You would not get past me ! It really pi$$es me off !

Why should you not have to wait ? I'd like to pop off for something while someone saves me a place but I dont because its rude (sorry I'm not having a go at you, at least you have asked !)

I had it at RRR and the guy just tried to push through but we had a few words and the worker threw him out !! good !

Different if you had a young child who needed the rest room.

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Line Etiquette

Mango - how long is a piece of string?! In other words, there are numerous answers to your question, depending on the circumstances and the mind-set of the other people in the line.

I would advise forward-planning and judicious visits to the restrooms, pre-ride!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Line Etiquette

Hi mango

I think it's all up to the individual, whenever I have been caught short in a line for a ride, we have both left and rejoined later. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing past loads of people to get back in line, even if I had left to go to the loo, lets face it who's gonna believe you anyway?. Of course if someone has a small child with them who needs the loo that's a different story, I can't believe anyone would say anything under those circumstances. There are no rules set in stone, as you know. But how do you feel if you have been in line for a while and suddenly someone comes past you to join their party further up the line?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Line Etiquette

This happened to us several times last year while we were stood in line. One person from a family/party would be in the line then the rest of the party would push past the rest of us to join the one person from their party 'holding their places'.

I wish the parks would make a rule against this...it really is so unfair, when most people have waiting in line for often long lengths of time.

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Line Etiquette

just tell them to bog off and report them to staff

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Line Etiquette

Sooooo diplomatic ads!!!!! ha ha ha!!!

You found that pink beetle yet????

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Line Etiquette

I think most people would consider it rude for your family to save your place in line so that you can get the FP's. We usually send the fastest runner and wait at the entrance of the next ride.

As for the leaving the line to go to the bathroom - Last year my dd was 3 and I was concerned about this. We always made sure she had just been before entering a long line but the enevitable happened and she needed to go again on quite a few occasions. When this happened I explained to the people behind us, and a cast member and nobody minded at all.

Adults and older kids should either hold it or lose their place imao.