We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney pools heated?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Disney pools heated?

Are Disney's outdoor pools heated? I was at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal last month, and it was sure nice to get into a heated pool when the outdoor temperature was only in the 60'sF.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,277 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney pools heated?

Yes, Disney pools are heated though if it's really cold outside you won't notice it.

Donna

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney pools heated?

They are heated but if it is cold or windy outside,bring lots of towels and a robe to the pool if you plan to swim-kids don't care when they are in the water but they will when they get out and its freezing

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney pools heated?

I've been reading reviews for Port Orleans - Riverside, and it sounds like the main pool is heated, but the smaller "quiet" pools are not. Does that sound right? In some reviews, people talk about them being cold.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney pools heated?

It's been in the 80s during the day recently.

I was of the impression that all the pools at Disney were heated.

the main pool at POR definitely is. i saw a little girl swimming in it one morning which was only in the 40s. on days like that the main pool IS a quiet pool!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,669 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney pools heated?

We were at the beach club in August. I found (a couple of days) the quiet pool too cool for me (yes even in August!), so went over to the main section (stormalong bay - it was warmer).

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney pools heated?

Sounds like there may be differences between the Main Pools and the Quite Pools. I've also heard that they provide towels at the Main Pool but not at the Quite Pools (at Port Orleans Riverside, anyhow).

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,669 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney pools heated?

Beach club does have towels at the quiet pool. Sorry, I don't know about POR.

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney pools heated?

The water is heated to the same temp at all the pools

Towels are available at the Main Pool. Bring towels from your room for the quiet pools

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney pools heated?

I was there last week at the Port Orleans-Riverside resort and the quiet pools were not heated. The weather was low 80's and the water was cool but not cold. Best guess: in the mid 60 degree range.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney pools heated?

We were there at the same time! I wonder if we saw each other? We never did swim in the quite pools, but we swam in the main pool several times, and it was warm. We even swam on the one cool day last week when it only got up to 67F! DH got cold, but the kids were fine!