We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

An Epcot question - is there a kid-friendly version of these available, and if so, can we use a snack credit for them? I'm assuming you can't use a snack credit for something alcoholic.

Michigan
Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

I'm not sure if they have proper virgin margaritas, but almost all the restaurants offer a fancy non-alcoholic drink for kids. Many are available in cute souvenir cups featuring Disney characters, but those are more expensive and can't be a snack credit. Most other non-alcoholic and non-souvenir drinks can be a snack credit (you're correct that you can't use snack credits for alcohol).

Of course you should use your snacks any way you like, but we opted to pay cash for the cheaper snacks and save our credits for the slightly more expensive items like ice cream sandwiches and hot pretzels. Yummy!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

Great, thanks. I don't know how we're going to use all the snack credits up, if we're eating big lunches and dinners with desserts! I can't imagine we'll ever be hungry enough to snack - that's why I'm thinking about drinks. But there are a lot of great snacks - especially at Epcot - that I'd love to try!

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

A virgin margarita is nothing but lime juice. Cointreau and Tequilla make it a margarita. The tequilla bar in Mexico makes very good regular margaritas although they are expensive.

Michigan
Level Contributor
905 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

We found the breakfast situation to be quite a hassle, so we used a fair amount of snack credits for fruit and milk to take back to the room. We also used a lot of them to share a small popcorn in between meals, you can find popcorn carts just about everywhere and it smells so good! If you have some left by the end of the trip, you can often find granola bars or similar treats to pop in your purse for snacks on the airplane. Though if your kids are into Mickey-shaped ice cream, that's a very fun way to use snack credits. I'm not into ice cream at all, but I had a bite of my husband's cookies & cream sandwich and it was GOOD!

Oooh here's another snack tip I just thought of...Soarin always has epic lines and Fastpass wait times, right? One of our days, we got our fastpass and then settled in to the food court (right next to it) for some of the best treats. My hubby got a bowl of fresh grapes and I got the tastiest little personal pineapple-upside-down cake! There's also a little bakery inside the Pollo Campero/Fresh A-Peel building at DTD that had a heavenly little chocolate-chip brownie cupcake with mint icing, oohhhh was that good. I actually used that as a dessert, but it would qualify as a snack if you got it without the entree & drink. Pollo Campero just started accepting the dining plan last weekend!

LOL, can you tell I am on a diet now that I'm home? I've never been so wistful for baked goods in my life!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,481 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

Cocobam: We always have extra snack credits, as well. We use our snack credits for gifts. Your resort snack shop, the Main Street Confectionery in Magic Kingdom and Goofy's Candy Company in Downtown Disney (best selection) have many Mickey and Princess themed items, that you can take home, to share the Magic!

Enjoy!

Edited: 26 February 2011, 11:51
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

Great suggestion - we will be in Downtown Disney on our second-to-last day...we can burn our snack credits at Goofy's!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,481 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

Perfect! Enjoy!

8. Re: Mexico Margaritas - available alcohol free?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 15:19