We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Topic
73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

We took a trip to the local Disney Store over the weekend and I instantly felt the magic!!! I also spent some of the magic on a cute little Minnie swimdress for DD!

Also, today we finally received the Disney Planning DVD in the mail It was the perfect way to get DH involved/excited about the trip!!

What do you do to get pumped up for a trip to WDW?

isle of wight
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

we go every year for 3 or 4 weeks look at old photos from disneyworld and at the souvenire book you can buy at disney world and always watch the disney/universal dvd and im always looking at the different park maps!! lol

Edited: 01 March 2011, 10:13
Lincoln UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

We are going in 57 days! This is our first trip as a family (my boys will be almost 4 yrs and 22 mths when we travel), but visited Orlando 5 yrs ago as part of our honeymoon. Been showing the boys brochures and the Disney planning DVD to get them in the mood. My youngest has learnt a new word through doing this - mickey mouse!!! So cute! You tube is also a fave. Eldest is obsessed with watching the shamu show at sea world. He often pretends he's a killer whale in the bath! Can't wait to see his face when we're watching it for real :)

Lincoln UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

We are going in 57 days! This is our first trip as a family (my boys will be almost 4 yrs and 22 mths when we travel), but visited Orlando 5 yrs ago as part of our honeymoon. Been showing the boys brochures and the Disney planning DVD to get them in the mood. My youngest has learnt a new word through doing this - mickey mouse!!! So cute! You tube is also a fave. Eldest is obsessed with watching the shamu show at sea world. He often pretends he's a killer whale in the bath! Can't wait to see his face when we're watching it for real :)

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

we go in 87 days!! can't wait!! i look at disney websites every day!!

Randalstown, United...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

yes websites and TA everyday love hearing everyones experiences of disney/universal happy happy 50 days to go!

Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

77 days for us!!!!!

I start reading these posts avidly right about..... now! LOL

And I watch previous years DVDs of our trips, scroll through pictures, anticipating everything!!!

Oh, and not to forget... the countdown! :)

Formby, United...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

80 days for us. i just keep watching the ride and waterslide video's on youtube, and just think soon soon...

Ermington, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

Its just 50 Days til we go, every year we make a video of the trip, everything from leaving the house in the uk up to and including all the parks, bars villa ect ect, when we return we up load and burn onto DVD and add a sound track that includes all the songs that remind us from that trip, we listen to Real rock 101one while we are there.

Then over the year we can watch it back and previous years and that really gets us fired up for another trip ;o)

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

mwhaha. I happened to write a whole post on this on our blog about our vacation. Bunch of free things you can do like listen to online radio stations that only play disney parks music, watch some documentaries on walt himself. It's also awesome to have some disney soundtrack playing as you drive into the park.

ourcheapdisneyvacation.com/2010/06/cheap-and…

Yay!!! you will have such a great time.

Knaresborough...
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 73 days to go! Finding new ways to get pumped up!!

We are counting down the days now, Get to Orlando on Monday 4th April. We will be doing all the Disney Parks and Universal this time as the children are a bit older. Also going with friends who have not been before so they are SO excited.

Even better is that we have 3 days in New York before we get to Orlando so really excited about that too.